Motorbike jerks forward when applying throttle

DillHD

Ive had my new bike for around 4 weeks and noticed that when i'm driving and i let of the throttle (maybe a car is slowing in front) and then i apply the throttle again it jerks forward, this happens in all gears but its most violent in 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I'm a bit worried at turning sharp corners cause I cannot put throttle on during the corner because of it. I've bought some chain grease/wax and that seemed to help with it a tiny bit but i'm still not sure, I think the chain may need tightening but i'm unsure how to tell, it seems like its got quite some slack in it (can lift it ~1.5inch) but when i put it in gear it tightens up. Also not sure if this is related but engine braking in 2nd gear seems quite powerful. Bike is a 125cc supermoto, 2014 model.

Have you checked your cush drives? Drop the wheel out and chexk them of they are worn you will see this happen. Other than that things like chain tension, lubrication ect will help. Has the sprockets been changed? If they have that can cause a more agressive throttle

Are you reapplying the throttle gently or snatching it back on?

Is there any free play in the throttle? You should have about 2mm of play before the throttle kicks in.

EDIT: By the way, you RIDE a bike, you DRIVE a car [emoji12]

Hahaha. It happens what ever i do, its a little less violent if i ease it on really really slowly. And it does have a few mm before the throttle kicks in

Have you checked your cush drives? Drop the wheel out and chexk them of they are worn you will see this happen. Other than that things like chain tension, lubrication ect will help. Has the sprockets been changed? If they have that can cause a more agressive throttle

Could stuff like that happen on a bike this young? Its only done 2000 miles?

i would check chain adjustment before anything else sounds like a case of sloppy chain

Yeah I googled around a bit before I posted here and chain adjustment kept coming up, how would I know when its tight enough?

Going to give this a go later on

Could stuff like that happen on a bike this young? Its only done 2000 miles?

Depends how its been ridden or maintained. They are all servicable items and wear at different rates.

Chain tension is most obvious, have you had bike from new? If not then someone may have changed sprockets for acceleration