And no not the type that comes out of your back end :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last two days have been really windy went out for a ride yesterday and my little 125 was getting blown all over the place, is there a limit to the wind speed you will ride in?

Any tips for riding in strong winds? I found the wind kept catching the back end of the bike making the bike feel really unstable. Almost as if the bike was going to slide out from underneath me.

I'm afraid it's just one of the things you have to endure on a light bike - 125 or 600 supersports. You can sit further back on the seat to put more weight on the back and get a bit of a crouch on but that's about it.

My little 125 hates the wind, but I find gripping the tank with my thighs and relaxing my shoulders helps dealing with it a lot better.

If the forecast is for consistent winds stronger than 30mph I'll tend not to take the wee bike out.

Gusts of 35-40mph I can deal with by taking more sheltered roads, and just generally watching and planning for them.

My little 125 hates the wind, but I find gripping the tank with my thighs and relaxing my shoulders helps dealing with it a lot better.

If the forecast is for consistent winds stronger than 30mph I'll tend not to take the wee bike out.

Gusts of 35-40mph I can deal with by taking more sheltered roads, and just generally watching and planning for them.

Thanks, Most the roads I like to go out on for a ride are along the cost where the wind tends to be stronger due to the lack of shelter, the other day I cut the ride short and went home, just didn't feel comfortable riding in it. seemed to be blowing the bike a lot of course I try to ride sort of the middle of the lane but I was getting pushed into on coming traffic and was like " f**k this" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wind is a curious thing...

The force of the wind on a set area pretty much doubles between 20 knots and 25 knots of wind...

Once wind being mentioned in TV forecasts its breezy which is a force 6 or a "Yachtsmans gale" which is 22-27 knots. After that they start mentioning the word gale which means kind of windy...

On my 125 I used to stop at anything over a forecast of breezy. Then on the big bike I have ridden in windier than this, but I grew up on an exposed windy coast riding pushbikes...

On the motorbike I always had issues with lorries and there "winds" until one dark night when I thought the lights where just a car. Them bloody great lorry passed, I was relaxed and dealt with it naturally with no effort. Took a bit of work to teach myself to relax, now I normally do not notice.

Then saying relax and do not worry about it is often the worst thing to say :? .

Grip quite firmly with your knees and relax your elbows and shoulders. Push lightly on the bar that is on the side the wind is coming from.

Try and anticipate the gusts from passing heavies.