Moto GP - Sepang

CGD217

So, I got up early again to watch the third in the trilogy of fly away races and I feel rewarded, it was an interesting race but for different reasons to Phillip Island (Which is just a fantastic circuit!)

- Pedrosa led from line to line with a superb ride.

- Lorenzo went up to second within the first couple of laps and stayed there for the rest of the race, narrowing the gap between Rossi and himself.

- Bradley Smith finished with a fantastic ride to claim fourth place with Cal behind in fifth.

There was a fair bit of action and the battle going on between Rossi and Marquez was excellent to watch - however, it ended not too well once Rossi finally got frustrated with Marquez and ended up taking him off - see video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9DzIaTgz04

So all - opinions? Do you believe this was done on purpose?

Bearing in mind that Rossi lashed out at Marquez on Thursday claiming that Marquez was stopping him from making progress and trying to mess up his championship. The move looks extremely deliberate and bang out of order!

Race control are looking at this but as yet there isn't a decision.

In other news - Danny Kent needs just one point in Valencia to seal the Moto3 championship and Sam Lowes didn't have a bad race in Moto 2 but struggled for grip towards the end and slipped down to the middle of the pack.

Update:

- Rossi has 3 penalty points against him.

- Rossi will start from the back at Valencia - a track he isn't too keen on.

However he keeps all his points and position from Sepang.

He's got away extremely lightly.

Honda and Yamaha both plan to appeal - unsurprisingly.

That's not enough punishment for Rossi... He kicked Marquez off ... Absolutely outrageous could of caused Marquez serious injury , all Marquez was doing was racing him, Rossi has seriously let himself down, what with the press conference where he was having a pop at Marquez.

He should of been disqualified.

First contact come from mm.

Rossi pushed him away with his knee.

Mm was trying to bait him.

Rossi tride to push him wide.

Both acted like bellends but its not against race rules to slow another rider down.

First contact come from mm.

Rossi pushed him away with his knee.

Mm was trying to bait him.

Rossi tride to push him wide.

Both acted like bellends but its not against race rules to slow another rider down.

You want to watch it again ..he kicked out at him.

Ive watched it, and the slow mo.

Rossi never kicked out.

Mm layed the bike onto him to try and make the corner.

Watch rossis forks get to the top of their travel because hes on the power.he recons because mm hit his leg it came off the peg.

Im no rossi fan.

First contact came from mm

Rossi never kicked out.

Watch rossis forks get to the top of their travel because hes on the power.he recons because mm hit his leg it came off the peg.

Im no rossi fan.

From the race director after investigating the incident with far more camera angles than we get, part of his explanation for the penalty.

“Despite what Marquez said we think he was deliberately trying to affect the pace of Valentino. However he didn't actually break any rules. Whatever we think about the spirit of the championship, according to the rule book he didn't make contact. His passes were clean. He rode within the rules."

Ive watched it, and the slow mo.

Rossi never kicked out.

Im no rossi fan.

Rossi never kicked out ! are you stoned... His knee may of made the contact but he kicked out.

Hardly a kick. Mm leaned the bike onto him.

Its racing, it happens.

Rossi pushed him back with his knee and mm went down.

Its been brewing a while.

I cant work out mm though.

Why slow rossi down and try and put him off?

So he dosnt win his 10th wc?

Then why overtake lorenzo and take the extra points off him down under?

Hardly a kick. Mm leaned the bike onto him.

Its racing, it happens.

Rossi pushed him back with his knee and mm went down.

Its been brewing a while.

I cant work out mm though.

Why slow rossi down and try and put him off?

So he dosnt win his 10th wc?

Then why overtake lorenzo and take the extra points off him down under?

image.jpeg.0e946ae2b612a0935bedc789775d400c.jpeg

I dont care what anyone says

this was a right dirty trick by rossi and its not the first time he has done something like this

you can see him clearly slow Marquez down and force him wide then kick him off!

He should have been disqualified for this!

this wasn't racing! this was cheating! if you have to resort to tricks like that while racing then you shouldn't be racing!

He could have killed the guy for a start! and if he had he would probably be facing charges! or would it still be classed as just racing!

Rossi is looking to make sure MM was being run wide by his position and actions, which is a total difference to a racer concentrating on a line that forces people to ride/drive around it and make their own mistakes à la how Ayrton senna drove in the F1 Championships.

Im not a rossi fan.

If anything im team honda.

I dont really support anyone so im the least biased person your going to find.

I like Rossi and Marquez although not so much Rossi now, it just amazes me how people see things different.. I just hope Rossi works his way from the back in the final race, I just like to see a good bit of racing , dont like to see cheating.

I like Rossi, if I'm honest I'm not a fan of Marquez but he still didn't deserve this - as Stu said, he could have killed him.

Marquez is a phenomenal rider, always pushing the Honda to it's limits. The way the Honda squirms around is mesmerising - he controls the bike very well.

Both riders need to draw a line under this round and just get on with the final race of the season.

Rossi starting from the back would make a very interesting race, that is if he turns up. As word has it, Rossi has hinted he may boycott the Valencia round.

I'm enjoying reading this from 2 camps.

This is how things looked to me.

the 2 riders were racing hard with one another. MM seemed pass and not make it stick - because rossi always had the better line and held more speed through the corner.

leading up to the incident, MM passed Rossi VERY closely - seemed to put rossi's nose out of joint. almost like the mist descended at that point - as a couple of corners later, MM was overtaking on the outside of Rossi, Rossi forced him out wide and prevented a lean so MM couldn't corner. He was already mid corner, so slamming on the anchors would have had him off anyway. MM had no choice but to lay the bike down.

This appears to be a deliberate action from Rossi as he seemed to be fully aware of MM's position on the track - even having a good look over his shoulder at one point.

Whether or not he kicked out is a little inconsequential - this wasn't racing - It was just plain dirty!

All said and done - It's great to watch these 2 going at it!

I'm enjoying reading this from 2 camps.

This is how things looked to me.

the 2 riders were racing hard with one another. MM seemed pass and not make it stick - because rossi always had the better line and held more speed through the corner.

leading up to the incident, MM passed Rossi VERY closely - seemed to put rossi's nose out of joint. almost like the mist descended at that point - as a couple of corners later, MM was overtaking on the outside of Rossi, Rossi forced him out wide and prevented a lean so MM couldn't corner. He was already mid corner, so slamming on the anchors would have had him off anyway. MM had no choice but to lay the bike down.

This appears to be a deliberate action from Rossi as he seemed to be fully aware of MM's position on the track - even having a good look over his shoulder at one point.

Whether or not he kicked out is a little inconsequential - this wasn't racing - It was just plain dirty!

All said and done - It's great to watch these 2 going at it!

Rossi did say that he tride to run mm wide so he wouldnt have a good exit so he could build so space away from him.

Ive seen something saying that rossi might give the race a miss.

Do you really think that will happen?

I like how lorenzo is getting grief when it's nothing of his doing.

This is all on Rossi he should have kept his gob shut on Thursday, for once his little games have bitten him in the ass.

Mabey, mabey not.

Hopefully the backmarkers will give rossi a easy pass up the field.

I hope they all try and race him.... Oops forgot its Rossi .. they should all part like the Red Sea and let him through :roll: