Paris

TC1474

I am due to be the guest speaker at the Colchester advanced driving group tomorrow night.

Just had an email from the organiser to say that he will not be there as his son was one of those killed at the music concert in Paris on Saturday night.

I cannot even begin to imagine what he and his family must be going through. I have dealt with many hundereds of fatalities over the years, but this is something completely different.

My respect to the chap for letting me know that the he will not be there but the meeting goes ahead. To be honest, if that had been me, I am not so sure that I would have been as thoughtful at a time like this.

Its a very sad thing, but if you look at history, a pissed of France is something that most people don't want.

If there is a european nation that will step up in recent years its France.... and tbh I would think they will start bombing syria in retaliation.....

UN says no testing of Nukes in the pacific, Frances say ok and does it anyway........ good luck ISIS, your gonna need it. hope the french smash them back under the rock they crawled out from.

and tbh I would think they will start bombing syria in retaliation.....

They already have http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/n ... ris-attack

Thoughts and prayers to everyone who has lost someone in the recent attacks, both in Paris and Lebanon.

well nostradamus did predict world war three would start in the middle east, start building bomb shelters and god help us all.

It's horrible, and shows how small a world we live in.

The show of support has been phenomenal. Although the snide remarks crept out the wood work as early as Saturday morning.

Didn't get 12 hours after the accident before people began pushing negative views.

So I've switched Facebook off since Saturday afternoon other than to deal with notifications/messenger.

Mainly the "We must close our borders now" bunch and the "Muslims aren't terrorists but you have to ask if they would have been without the religion" bunch.

Saw a couple of long posts pop up about how they wouldn't change their profile picture "like everybody else" to recognise that there were thousands of deaths elsewhere. Could have just made a statement supporting all those killed and spared me the "I want to feel good about myself" orientated spiel.

And blaming people when it's the media focusing on the issue shows a personal agenda at play.

Just shows that any positivity, even that of huge support can be warped to push a negative ideology. So how easy must it be to turn any religion violent?

peoples views are peoples views, just wish more people where strong enough to follow there own minds rather than be manipulated.

as for changing picture on FB, got home late last night and couldnt figure it out so gave up.... beer and facebook is a bad idea.

Well it's probably too late to close our borders now anyway Fozzie.

And as stated above chances are people were finally posting what they actually thought rather than what they think is PC,tbh it's about bloody time.

It's fine to shake the shackles of PC thinking off, but my gripe was give it a few days out of respect to those killed before we move on with a plan to sort it out.

Closing the borders won't do much, just takes one radical to believe something on the internet and then he will have his mates in on it. There will be more planned terror attacks with the borders open or closed.

personally i think the borders should of never been opened it has allowed to many people capable of causing serious damage for any reason freedom to move about within europe,a good example of this is the fact someone i know is a teacher who has a lot of Lithuanian students and every long school holiday their families rent minibuses to drive home and then back again and with all the country borders they cross on the 3 day drive not once have they ever been stopped for passport checks at any border going from or returning to the uk

I don't think this thread was created to point the blame and discuss what the government should and shouldn't do!!

Hope the night goes well Tony despite what has happened

You got it right there Stu. It was never my intention to start a political thread, but simply a thread to express my condolences and respect to the lads father who lets face it, has other more harrowing and important things on his mind at the moment.

Did you see some woman who has a beauty salon posted on fb/twitter saying after the paris attacks she wont let muslims in her shop.

Like the local bomber pops in for a facial.

Everyones anti muslim atm but seem to be forgetting their christian history, not solong ago a man raised as a christian radicalised a whole country and slaughted millions.

Was speaking to a guy at work who's sister lives in Paris.

She said about an hour before it all kicked off, the street sellers who are always there selling tat to tourists had all disappeared.. She'd never seen that before...

I think we need to be a little careful here.

Were all Catholics evil due to the IRA

Were all Prodestants evil due to the UFF

It's a small minority once again.

Just as during the troubles landlords had signs in windows stating "no Irish, no blacks, no dogs"

Muslims are now going through what the irish catholics went through for years.

Gotta love the Charie Hebdo front page reaction to this atrocity.. Only they could get away with it.

"They have weapons. Fxxx them. We have the Champagne!"

http://i.imgur.com/FYbfh0Kl.jpg

I follow football.

And when I was younger watched England away etc.

That is the first time I have ever seen anything like that.

The FA must have been very very relieved when the French anthem was not bood.

Because believe you me no matter what the circumstances were that would not have happened 20 years ago.

Very moving and great to see.

Were all Catholics evil due to the IRA

Were all Prodestants evil due to the UFF

No, but at least they acknowledged the bad apples in their midst and did something about them rather than dodging the blame by heaping it 100% on western society. Plus justifying terror acts via lunatic conspiracy theories instead of condemning them is shocking behaviour.

Islam, always the victim :roll:

I take it Matt.

You don't live in an area where any muslims reside or you know any?

Oh f**king please.

I'm from East Oxford, one of the most ethnically diverse areas of the south east outside of Greater London. Not that has anything to do with Islam and its misogyny, homophobia, animal cruelty and inability to take criticism in any rational and just form of course.

Not all of "them" are directly responsible, of course they aren't and that would be totally wrong to suggest it. But the 7/7 bombers were definitely all Muslims, three of which were British born. All of them had "normal lives", attended mosques, followed the Qur'an etc right up to point of blowing themselves up and killing others in process. It's hard to 100% tell the backgrounds of the Paris attackers right now but I wouldn't be surprised if some were home grown, so to speak.

Instead of blaming all and sundry while simultaneously unjustly justifying these acts of terror through lunatic conspiracy theories , and all the while dodging the genuine issue of the bad apples in their midst; if Muslims simply acknowledged those Islamic nut jobs (ones they've previously rubbed shoulders with on numerous occasions) and the fact they should have been shopped to the authorities in good time, then there might be some actual progress regarding the subject of Islamic terror acts.

Perhaps then the general population (like me) might have some honest respect for Islam, but unfortunately they are too busy playing the victim all of the time. Spouting stuff like "nothing to do with Islam" "isis are a creation of the CIA" and "Islamophobia" which supposedly means there is something wrong with people who criticise Islam, no matter what that criticism actually may be.

The absolute ******* hypocrites.

Well I was out in a very packed London city pub last night, the place was rammed full and overflowing onto the streets.

Loads of people talking about the Paris attacks, but the general feeling was that people werent going to let ISIS get in the way of afterwork drinks!

One bloke said at least if they blew the pub up he'd die with a pint in his hand... :cheers:

Then when going to the toilet there was a queue for the gents!! One bloke at the back shouted "we're queing like women, ISIS would have a few words to say about this" and all the blokes had a good laugh...

Just great to see London not giving up and sticking the middle finger up to terrorism. It was the same after the 7/7 bombings - people out having fun defying the terrorists. Lots of very inappropriate jokes flying about and lots of drunken conspiracy theories, but that's peoples way of dealing with it.