IT chat

Glorian

To stop us posting in the NOTD thread thought i'd make this (ref page 59 nob of the day)

I hate sage with every fibre of my body :D

Lan parties thats a memory haha, i remember lugging my PC around my friends to play counter strike and age of empires. Still have them now except the PC is lighter and we just play games online while shouting abuse to each other in person :D

:) yeah I suppose a different thread is best.

We had lots of fun with Sage "honest", it was amazing the restrictions they put on it, due to the business we were in we had several different types of accounts set up for different people, we spoke to Sage about a load menu to load different ones Sage said it wasnt possible so one of our developers wrote one. Sage saw it and told him that wasnt possible his response was ive done it. :D

as for LAN parties, not sure but you may be a bit younger than me from the sounds of it, yeah i remember taking a full CRT monitor desktop (not tower PC) and everything else to play games, just trying to remember the games we played, Doom, Quake, etc...

we used to run ours on a BUS network as it was easier to setup at the time.

We're implementing something called X3 ( i don't know huge amounts about it yet! ) basically to track everything in our production from staff to ingredients. Lots of data entry to get sorted for the imports first though.. guess who is doing that :D

Used to lug around the big monitors as well weighed a metric tonne and made a horrible noise when you turned it on haha! Used to only be about 4-6 of us i think it was connected just cable to one anothers PC. Good times. Now with Steam gaming with friends is so easy haha

gone are the days when you had to reconfigure your config.exe an autoexec.bat to get as much memory as possible to run particular games.

gamespy was one i remember when playing star trek command 1,2 and 3 online.... I'm still in contact with these people.

these days using mumble, MMORPG's coming out of your butts, my xbox one makes gaming so easy.... was cheaper than buying new PC for gaming.

FAllout 4 is immense

Console peasant!

:D I know the feeling i have a PS4 cause lots of my friends play games on it, and for shooters it can be easier/more fun. I still have a gaming PC though nothing super fancy, runs fallout on 60FPS at medium graphics.

Wow gamespy that brings back memories to haha. Remember MSN gaming? For games like AoE2 online.

LOL @ all,

I had the new fancy Commodore when it came out the small one cant remember what it was called but think it came after the 64.

I also had the spectrum 128 who remembers loading games from tape, with the weird screen with different colours in lines and the awful noise.

We're implementing something called X3 ( i don't know huge amounts about it yet! ) basically to track everything in our production from staff to ingredients. Lots of data entry to get sorted for the imports first though.. guess who is doing that :D

Sounds like an ERP solution, that should be interesting for you, does your organisation have any experience with running ERP? I was involved in the pilot plant for a worldwide org running SAP now that was interesting.

@Glorian that was a Bus network then, all the gear in a line with terminators on the last connection on each end.

I have slipped in the last few years, we only have an orginal WII now set up on a projecter, however we have a two year old, so thinking an XBOX one will be on the shopping list in the next year or so.

The amount of old spare and useless PC parts in my loft... If fallout happens im gonna be fine for setting up some remote turrets.

My pile of dead IT gear..

Must sort through it all one day..

je8O6sp1suZWvMxq-FSqRZUmPaKAL-MnS_dL3v1JHLTuhp1oG_bmx_Z0j3pMstCk9tOFlxv18_KkGE2ZU-KZVqb0jSrJX2_GEZRsTIb5OiIadEJitjMBtj1QBMZXA1GNPZEwaUpYZkcbLMTUAvaYXdd4Ox5WFdfpb2ezrIN7YPEE2cX7zwx_zhXt_aV0vlY16WjWJY2_RQy2ZkWYZq1pPIIg1U-pg4yTCZyHNHDN3C7L9UL86caY_v5JS30q--ndczJ3JDP1_-iDQFLDBJo_Rbi3vl-3Nld9zx52vuIWe3kE0KaL0XVs5JNOtk0RSb2uqWteKUp9r_bpIfhoUotJJWYplYyzTbwDpJayNGM2Ez1vAAludsrhw4mgR2ymC9iBg1KgaNj77Il0-lrPfBu6uh_IQZ8Kpt4gVaQyfX3G7mhRy0lz8Vvbtt5vXOU3AebppfuGIFm5Ho6JMz3Q8Z7ht_dxhXO_tHdTRqXnP62DRXEzL7Ted5tp1lStNbMCkinCRJQpMIwaq4-Em9z4_1cD1KJC7ief1sBZHLJlGrOer8S2=w1082-h812-no

Who remembers the 3DO and all the next gen consoles that were going to blow the world away, and were pretty good just never managed to capture the market for some reason.

wow there are some good memories out there.

also XBOX all the way PS lost its way around PS2 :D

Who remembers the 3DO and all the next gen consoles that were going to blow the world away, and were pretty good just never managed to capture the market for some reason.

wow there are some good memories out there.

also XBOX all the way PS lost its way around PS2 :D

But graaaaaaaphics :D haha, PS+ is nice, good free games every month. Plus the share videos thing is real nice.