IT chat

Glorian

steam... look for soll or snekie

Will add you on live this evening, was out all day yesterday so never had chance :thumb:

on xbox look for snekiesoll.... you know this means ill have to link xboxs with my son and steal his halo :P

Sounds like a plan, me, you and potentially Ricky co-op on Halo 5.

Team TMBF :lol:

Battlefront is quite tiresome after half an hour of solo multiplayer. It's good, but it is clearly better when you have friends on the headset you can jabber to while you're busying wiping out the enemy team, or being wiped out.

ooh I have played that (but it was the Shogun packaging). Annoyingly there aren't too many good strategy games for two players but we do have Twilight Struggle which is pretty epic (nothing to do with sparkly vampires thankfully).

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/123 ... t-struggle

Oh my gosh.. You saying that, I've just thought. Has anyone played Twilight Imperium?

That is a HUGE game that is so in depth but you do need a few people to play..

It's got great lore behind it though too..

It would be great if we could ever meet for TMBF board games :mrgreen:

I've got enough of them in my cupboard...

Twilight Imperium has a pretty epic box! I'd be down for a TMBF board game meet!

I used to meet some mates in a pub in Mornington Crescent for games as they have a "game room" with big tables

Its a changing world some places will let you use what ever device you like, as long as it meets the security requirements, must be a pain to get your work of the mac onto the servers then if your not on the network, unless they still let you use USB drives. I cant remember the last place that hadnt disabled them.

Currently contracting for a large American financial institution in the city of London. I have access to realtime trading data and other business sensitive data, so security is very tight. No USB access and no code allowed off work machines onto personal devices.

These days my macbook is for private development projects or for keeping my skills sharp. I get home from a long day in the office, fire up the macbook and work on my own stuff. I have a few projects on the go mostly hosted on Google cloud platform. Loads of the Google stuff has excellent examples for the Mac which is another strong case for macs.

I refuse to own an iPhone. Android all the way. Just got the new nexus 5x (had the 5 and 4 previously so I'm a big nexus fan) and downloaded the new version of android studio to have a play about - runs flawlessly on the Mac.

No self respecting IT person should own a locked down device like an iPhone IMO!

An no time for games - games take up valuable coding time!!

Ah that makes sense, showing dedication as well to carry on coding when you get home.

I currently use a nokia windows phone and have to say i like it a lot. never had an android phone, not overly keen on the interface.

Yeah google do a lot of stuff on linux which makes it pretty easy to portto mac as well.

All you need for fun when you have a group of friends together is cards against humanity. Drinking makes it all the weirder.

wonderful game, and can show how dark and twisted your humour is or isn't

can play this with your phones now its called "evil apples"

It's got to be played in person in my mind. Doesn't work the same over a pc/phone.

I first played it when I moved into a new house share. Was a very interesting way to get to know my flat mate/landlord and his friends!

Haha yeah I do love that game! :mrgreen:

Does get a little ridiculous with the expansions though.. a little bit like Munchkin can

Looks like Jay's coming to the rally again in the car just to carry all my board games while I'm on the bike!

He has a tent with a nice big 'living' area, so we can set up a board game table if the weather turns sour :P

Just wondering if we need to set up a board games thread as well as the IT thread otherwise i dont think i can keep up.

In fact ill go and do it ----------------

Just did it.

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58880

I might have a chance to keep up with all you fine and inteligent people now.

well being new here i have to keep you all happy :) until you find out im really just a withered grumpy old man

I'm "new" (Presuming you came from the GBB but I don't recognise the username!) I only started posting the other day. The fact i've had an account since 2011 is just a hoax!