Christmas Carol Singers?

KTM21

Do you get any? I just had a little girl come to the door (with her parent round the corner I imagine) and she started singing. After she sang for about 20 seconds, I couldn't think of what to give her so I just gave her a couple of quid in change. What are you meant to give them (if you give them anything at all), it's the first time I've ever had someone do it. I was pretty sure it was a neighbour so didn't want to seem like a knob by only giving 50p.

Sorry, they drive me mad. They are usually just begging. Carolling is meant to be for the benefit of the recipient, not for gain, and they don't even sing carols, it's just rudolf the bloody reindeer.

I let them finish their one verse of jingle bells they can remember, say thank you, and shut the door.

baaaah humbug

Sorry, they drive me mad. They are usually just begging. Carolling is meant to be for the benefit of the recipient, not for gain, and they don't even sing carols, it's just rudolf the bloody reindeer.

I let them finish their one verse of jingle bells they can remember, say thank you, and shut the door.

baaaah humbug

Well, you've gone one step more than me.......... I don't even open the door!

I've seen parents use children to essentially beg. Should be more a knock on the door, and a request for a charity donation for a song.

If particularly angry I'll grab the child by the shoulders, look wild and yell!

"Santa isn't real! The easter bunny was an LSD induced delusion! The tooth fairy hasn't adjusted her payments to match inflation for 100 years, and jet fuel can't melt steel beams! Escape the lies!"