Star Wars

Gin

That was the most boring film of the year.

Not a star wars fan but simply as a film, it was uninteresting and dull. Incredibly easy to guess what would happen as well = no suspense.

I want my 2hrs of life back please star wars.

I saw the death of HS coming when the big alien guy said he was yet to be tested. Probably the most interesting part of an uninteresting film nonetheless.

I don't think it helped that Harrison Ford has been saying for a very long time now that he was fed up with the character and wanted him to have been killed off at some point in the original three..

Chewies reaction was awesome though, there is no doubt he is the true soul mate to HS :mrgreen: . Sod Leia :P

That was the most boring film of the year.

Not a star wars fan but simply as a film, it was uninteresting and dull. Incredibly easy to guess what would happen as well = no suspense.

I want my 2hrs of life back please star wars.

I saw the death of HS coming when the big alien guy said he was yet to be tested. Probably the most interesting part of an uninteresting film nonetheless.

I guess someone had to not like it :lol:

It was predictable, but it seems as though they wanted to pull in more newcomers with this one.

Also it didn't have many ways it could have gone, it had to introduce a new generation, give them a reason to fight, and balance this all with character development.

But I'm hoping it is being used as a setup for a great episode Viii

JJ has a tendency to rush, even if he is very calculating and precise. I'm hoping Loopers director Rian Johnson who is writing the story will give it the direction it now needs.

One of my personal little favourites is how Kylo Ren is clearly "unfinished". He showed a lack of lightsaber training with its use and construction. It was a good twist as it gives him room to improve, change, and remain an unknown quantity.

I'm not going through this thread yet as I've booked to see it tonight and can't wait :)

I remember my dad taking me to see Episode 4 in Cambridge when I was a little kid and remember that moment when the star destroyer comes over on the first scene. My little jaw dropped and to this day I'm still an avid Star Wars fan. Just a pity about the Phantom Menace, load of dog shit.

I'm taking my son tonight, so it's gone full circle. An I can't f**king wait :)

One of my personal little favourites is how Kylo Ren is clearly "unfinished". He showed a lack of lightsaber training with its use and construction. It was a good twist as it gives him room to improve, change, and remain an unknown quantity.

Took the boys to see it after school on Friday. Although I enjoyed it, I thought Kylo Ren was about as intimidating as a petulant teenager, and couldn't help thinking that a few more smacked bottoms as a child would have saved the galaxy a whole heap of trouble. :D

Took the boys to see it after school on Friday. Although I enjoyed it, I thought Kylo Ren was about as intimidating as a petulant teenager, and couldn't help thinking that a few more smacked bottoms as a child would have saved the galaxy a whole heap of trouble. :D

I heard an argument at work over his petulance/intimidation :lol:

It's almost deliberately shown by Poe he's not intimidating him, but he's quite powerful.

There could be an age bias thing, as when a young man goes into a lightsabre flinging rage and then calms right back down to say "anything else?" he is seen as a young man having a strop. Add 10-20 years onto him and you don't have to do anywhere near as much to be branded "unstable".

My own thoughts are the story did well with him. It shows him as being all powerful at the start, then progressively we see the fear and confusion that rules him, and ends with him shown to be powerful but untrained comparatively speaking with others we've seen in the series. So he has a lot of room to grow, and I suspect in the next movie a year or two will have passed and if done right we will see some deep development.

I've figured out who Rey is I think. Won't post here, will only pm that as if it was right I'd take a big revelation out of episode 8 haha.

ooh oooh I'm good at guessing the plot of this film I haven't seen. I'm gonna say she is also Han and Leia's kid. That they sent away to protect her or some crap. And at some point she'll kiss their other kid and it will be like lol remember when your mum almost got together with her brother.

ooh oooh I'm good at guessing the plot of this film I haven't seen. I'm gonna say she is also Han and Leia's kid. That they sent away to protect her or some crap. And at some point she'll kiss their other kid and it will be like lol remember when your mum almost got together with her brother.

That's what they make you think for the first half of the movie. But they then spend the second half making it open for debate.

We can tell she was sent away, but some major points aren't explained, and with Rian Johnson writing the next one (directed Looper) I reckon he'll make the revelation a good one. I typically base films on their directors you may notice.

Maybe she's Chewie's kid

I was going to go for the love child of Jar Jar Binks and Princess Armadillo (or whatever she was called) but I think they'd have had to be 100 years old or something when they had her, which might not be quite so plausible...

I thought it was amazing (sorry). I'm a huge Star Wars fan and thought that JJ Abrams did very well. It's never gonna beat the original three but it was very, very good.

Carrie fisher should have had a few Vodkas before shooting though, she looked like she needed it. Her bottom jaw wasn't working properly.

Overall I thought it was great, and will go and see it again in 3D next time...

I have a small DVD cabinet, I only keep 150 or so, I just cycle the list. Very few survive forever, only the likes of back to the future, star wars and Indiana jones keep a permanent spot. Eventually I'm just not bothered by it anymore and exchange it for something else.

Just as a quick tangent, have we had a 'films you keep going back to' thread? I may have to start one!

Sorry - back to the original thread...

I have a small DVD cabinet, I only keep 150 or so, I just cycle the list. Very few survive forever, only the likes of back to the future, star wars and Indiana jones keep a permanent spot. Eventually I'm just not bothered by it anymore and exchange it for something else.

Just as a quick tangent, have we had a 'films you keep going back to' thread? I may have to start one!

Sorry - back to the original thread...

No, feel free to make one :)