Star Wars

Gin

Ok that should keep anyone out who doesn't want it ruined for them.

Yes, anyway, I did not feel that the death was handled well enough.. I should have been in floods of tears begging the big screen not to let it happen ( "Why God, WHY!?" ) but I wasn't..

Seen in twice now and though it was sad it wasn't the emotional send off the character deserved..

Film was fantastic, But i wish they had used an expanded universe story.. SO MANY GOOD ONES

Don't worry they will milk the EU for everything going with all the origin and spin off films they have planned

Film was fantastic, But i wish they had used an expanded universe story.. SO MANY GOOD ONES

Don't worry they will milk the EU for everything going with all the origin and spin off films they have planned

You *really* dislike star wars don't you? :lol:

No. I really dislike the whole milking popular things for every single goddam drop until there is nothing left but a broken dry husk of disappointment. Which is what will happen. And also why Avengers Age of Ultron was bad. Cutting 40 mins out that film would have improved it considerably. But no it has to be BIGGER and BETTER and LONGER and MORE MORE MORE.

I get the point of view. But unfortunately that's life.

At a basic level, everyday people will milk likes from social media etc for many reasons. And there's no problem with that but it's no surprise that a high up corporate level has this same mentality.

With Star wars I'm just glad they're investing in them heavily. As if you bugger up the franchise, you lose out on the years of merchandise. So it's in their interests to do well. The spin offs will luckily not be like Marvel where you have to see them all to get the full picture, but just "if you're interested, here's the story"

As for Avengers: age of ultron, it wasn't as good as the first but still enjoyable. That said I heard Marvel had much too much input over Joss Whedon, and this is why it suffered. They thought they had a winning formula, not realising it was too repetitive.

No. I really dislike the whole milking popular things for every single goddam drop until there is nothing left but a broken dry husk of disappointment. Which is what will happen. And also why Avengers Age of Ultron was bad. Cutting 40 mins out that film would have improved it considerably. But no it has to be BIGGER and BETTER and LONGER and MORE MORE MORE.

:stupid:

Though that's a little what episode 1-3 was. This film may be very similar to ep. 4 it still was a good film in the franchise and definitely held it's own.

I don't think it was perfect but I did recommend it to my whole office and then go see it a second time :)

Have you been able to go yet Hoggs?

Nah I'm too cheap to go to the cinema!

Amen to that! I'll watch it when it comes out on Netflix or Prime. Ideally while drunk so it doesn't irritate me too much.

Disney have it in their clutches now, and they have their own streaming app for Disney movies. So it will likely never see Amazon or Netflix :(

Pre-order already??? Whaaa? I'm still in the days of film comes out. A year later you can rent the video from Blockbuster. Several months later you can buy it. On VHS.

Spiritually I am a lot older than my actual earth years :lol: :lol:

We have a bluray player. Not convinced stuff looks that much better on it. In fact I don't think I even have the "HD" netflix service just the bog-o-standard one and that all looks fine too.

I have to admit, I don't buy discs any more..

CD's, DVD's etc.. I just buy them all digital and keep them on a hard-drive plugged into the back of my TV! :D

Any shelf space I normally has is rammed full of books so can't be bothered with disc cases too!

Pre-order already??? Whaaa? I'm still in the days of film comes out. A year later you can rent the video from Blockbuster. Several months later you can buy it. On VHS.

Spiritually I am a lot older than my actual earth years :lol: :lol:

We have a bluray player. Not convinced stuff looks that much better on it. In fact I don't think I even have the "HD" netflix service just the bog-o-standard one and that all looks fine too.

You seem to be stuck in 1997!

You won't notice the quality unless your TV has the performance to show it. But it's most noticeable with a good sound system as the layers of audio information on Blu-ray are that much better. I can hear and see the differences, and it's one of those things, the more into it you get, the bigger the differences seem to be to you.

I have a small DVD cabinet, I only keep 150 or so, I just cycle the list. Very few survive forever, only the likes of back to the future, star wars and Indiana jones keep a permanent spot. Eventually I'm just not bothered by it anymore and exchange it for something else.