The engine swap has started!

Scud

Finally got round to fetching the zx6 from my in laws garage and am starting the engine swap.

First gripe, why the hell do they feel the need to hide a nut behind the horn bracket making it near on impossible to get a spanner on!

Slowly getting there, obviously the exhaust header studs and nuts are a ball ache, the nuts on the two center down pipes have corroded and started to disintegrate and I can't get anything to grip them tight enough, cutting equipement will be used tomorrow!

• 1 month later...

So, my mate came and helped me put the replacement lump in yesterday morning, and over the course of the weekend I have been connecting it back up, and it has just fired up first time!

Just need to bleed the coolant now, put a new chain and sprockets on, then put it's clothes back on, then it needs a damn good thrash to make sure it's track ready as am at cadwell on Easter Monday.

Nice one, mate.......pics? .... :wink:

I would if I knew how! If it's got carbs and wheels I'm all over it, but this computer stuff is beyond me!

It's not much to look at, a ratty black and silver 2000 model zx6r, bought it cheap a year ago to use as a track bike, sorry Hoggs, but it is destined to be thrashed and crashed to save my pretty gsxr from that fate!