vl125 intruder not firing on front cylinder.

seanycozzie16v

have you tried swapping the plugs to see if it changes on which cylinder it runs on?

IE if its running on the rear cylinder if you swap the plugs does it then run on the front cylinder

if you have one coil you can also do this with the HT leads too

this will eliminate plug and HT problems

Finally got to the bottom of it the bike now runs sweet as a nut after a good run. A friend also suggested to me ht leads that could be shorting out on the body causing it to not spark. Found a bad ht lead. Cut it back a bit and tightly screwed it into the coil again. All back together with the air boxes back on and after a few turns of the starter it breathed into life only on the 1st cylinder though. A few pops and bangs later the 2nd cylinder finally burst into life completely changing the running of the bike. A good blast down my private Lane revving it the whole way up seemed to make things better. Probably a sticky valve as well. We'll anyways this problem has been sorted and the bike is going for its first mot in 8 years next week! Wish me luck!

this is why you start with the basic stuff

ie swap the plugs then the leads if the problem moves then you have narrowed it down straight away :wink:

it will have fired up after warming a little the plug will have been wet with fuel and need to be dried out before you have a good spark :)

glad you have it sorted

cheers for all the help guys!! new plug leads and plug caps on order!. new plugs in the bike today. runs like a dream now. need to sort out the pilot screw though. i dont know how many turns it should be. also need to adjust the accelerator pump slightly also. a bit jumpy on part throttle atm

standard and rusty :lol:

the problem you have had with the ht leads has happened to me and the person who owned the bike before me too. It has been a reliable machine all in all though :D

mines quite rusty too! i'm sure you would be as well after sitting for 8 years! but thankfully its on the road to recovery! its never going to be a showbike but a daily driver for me! just enough power to keep me happy!