What a week

Guest Gautrek

Well its been one fo those weeks this week we could all do without. I tried to download a virus checker on my PC Tues night and the bloody download corrupted and eventually locked my PC up and stopped windows working. I was not in the best frame of mind due to the shit monday morning I had. I gave up trying to fix my PC and went to bed with the arse. I then spent the next couple of days trying to repair windows and getting the Virus checker off my PC. Eventually I managed to both get windows working and the programe uninstalled.

I then thought it must have been a bad download so i tried to download it again. This time the download was fine and the program updated its virus definitions fine. I then restarted the PC and found the bloody thing was broken again. AAARRRGGGHHH. So another few hours of dicking about and its working again. So I know have another free virus checker installed and everything seems fine. I wouldn't mind but i have used AVG for years and only stopped using it a couple of years ago.

The reason I had a shite Monday morning was I was due to drive to Swansea to fix a couple of machines ( 200 mile each way). So I set off and got to about 40 miles away . I was happily driving along the M6 in the outside lane with all 3 lanes full of traffic. We were doing around 60 MPH when all of a sudden my lane slowed rapidly and then stopped. I stood on the brakes and managed to not twat the car in front. As I sat there thinking thank f*** for that I looked in my mirror and saw a Kia SUV was not making any attempt to stop. I stood on my brakes and braced for impact. This is what my car looks like now

http://russianbike.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC_06911.jpg

Everything you can see in the picture thats broken is plastic ( including the tailgate). There is over £7000 worth of damage. The Kia has been written off. As I sat there after the impact and started checking to see if all my bits work I heard the car saying it was on fire so I thought I had better get out. I tried to undo the seat belt but the tensioner had fired and it had me held so tight it was a right game to unlatch the belt. I managed to drive across to the hard shoulder and as I was driving this disembodied voice was asking me if iI was ok and did I want the emergancy services sending. It turns out the car had registered that it had been in a crash and it had alerted Peugeots 24 hour assist program. Eventually I was recovered and have now got a hire car while my car is being fixed. But i did think my towbar had twisted and bent the boot floor and if thats the case then they normally right them off. But its not my car so i don't care if its repaired or replaced.

glad youre ok, towbar probably written it off.

Look forward to next couple of years of phone calls letting you know your could claim compensation....

I get them anyway. I did once spend 30 mins explaining to one person how I had died in one crash and my mate who was a passenger also died. I did think this would end the conversation. BUT no it carried on.

Jesus! Glad you're alright, that could have been really nasty smash. Is your back ok? Most importantly will you be able to ride when (if) the sun comes out?

This is the other guy.

http://russianbike.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/DSC_06922.jpg

all his airbags went off and the impact even cracked his windscreen

Fronts of cars are designed to crumple up and the bonded in windscreens are partially structural. Backs of cars designed to protect occupants from rear impacts but don't need to crumple as much. So looks like they both did as they were designed to do :cheers:

I had a Vauxhall corsa clip the rear end of my old Mercedes on Xmas eve a few years back. My car had bashed bumper and broken rear light, the corsa ended up in the middle of the road, front end all smashed up and wheel hanging off!!

Ouch ! Glad you your ok.... I would say that's definitely wrote off.

On the bright side.... Nice whiplash claim .

In a few months 99% of whiplash claims will not be allowed as the minimum claim value is rising from £1,000 to £5,000. :)

Ouch ! Glad you your ok.... I would say that's definitely wrote off.

On the bright side.... Nice whiplash claim .

In a few months 99% of whiplash claims will not be allowed as the minimum claim value is rising from £1,000 to £5,000. :)

Does that mean our insurance will go down?

Can't see it myself like!

Does that mean our insurance will go down?

Can't see it myself like!

I agree. When was the last time you saw an insurer reduce premiums?

It will ust give the insurance companies a bigger profit margin so they can pay increased bonuses to their shareholders.

This is why they are so keen to push their legal expenses premiums and people are daft enough to pay it. LEI + big profits :roll:

Oh, and I forgot to mention inmy first post, sorry about your cr@ppy day, but glad you are OK.

Is your computer is insured?

No as its a self build jobbie. I have been building PC's since the 80's . So if it did die I would just replace what ever had broken. Its no biggie just a pain. I have finally after about 20 years got new case for mine with blue lights and lots of fans and everything. :lol: