How to increase idle RPM? (TT600)

On a cold start every morning the bike just stalls even if I just leave it alone.

IF I Rev it around and assist it warming up it won't stall.

My problem is revving the bike early in the morning isn't the best idea.. Plus when I get to traffic lights it will stall until warm. Once warm it's completely fine.

Idle when warm is around 1.5k, I'd like to ideally move the cold start idle to 2k so it won't at least stall at traffic lights.

Is the bike fuel injected or carbed? If carbed you should have a choke on the bike, which will help with cold starts.

If fuel injected it should take care of its self.

It's fuel injected but definitely doesn't take care of itself, if I don't immediately give the throttle a tiny bit of flex it'll instantly stall if cold.

A quick Google seems to throw up plenty of results for people with cold start issues on your bike. It also seems to be fuel injected so ignore the previous post about the choke.

It seems to be recommended to get the valve clearances checked .

3 days :( It's an awesome machine. I had to go yesterday about my other topic "knocking in the footpegs" apparently it needs a sprocket and chain set but will still be good for this season whilst I learn the bike.

Sounds like it could do with a good service. .....I wonder when the air filter and plugs were last changed? My old Speed 4 and Bonniebird's S4 both rev pretty high at first until they warm up a bit. I think it's best not to try to ride off on them until the temp display starts to show a temperature. .....52 degrees seems to ring a bell.

Your non-standard exhaust may not be helping.......and you need to make sure it's got the latest ecu map in there.

Sounds like it could do with a good service. .....I wonder when the air filter and plugs were last changed? My old Speed 4 and Bonniebird's S4 both rev pretty high at first until they warm up a bit. I think it's best not to try to ride off on them until the temp display starts to show a temperature. .....52 degrees seems to ring a bell.

Your non-standard exhaust may not be helping.......and you need to make sure it's got the latest ecu map in there.

Apparently M&S give it a "service" with every sale.. I doubt it.

I agree I thought the exhaust wouldn't be helping.

How do I make sure the newest map is on there?

thats where you need to be able to have a look at the air filter condition,if they serviced it then it should be new otherwise they just *checked it over* in other words yes its full of oil yes the tyres are black and round job done its ready to go

It's fuel injected but definitely doesn't take care of itself, if I don't immediately give the throttle a tiny bit of flex it'll instantly stall if cold.

Take it back! When buying from a dealer you pay a premium to cover issues like this. If you wanted a bike to tinker with you could have bought it cheaper privately.

Top lads, just got off the phone to them they said they've no problem wit me bringing it in any time and leaving it with them. Obviously I'll have to leave it over night so it cools down and they get to see the issue for themselves.

He recommended sticking some super unleaded in and see if that helps at all.. It's worth giving it a shot because I think I'm gonna hit the light soon anyway, but if all else fails I'll go back to the workshop tomorrow.

Super unleaded wouldn't make much of a difference I wouldn't have thought.

Make sure when you take it in they give you a loan bike, at the end of the day it's an inconvenience to you.

3 days :( It's an awesome machine. I had to go yesterday about my other topic "knocking in the footpegs" apparently it needs a sprocket and chain set but will still be good for this season whilst I learn the bike.

Hi I wouldn't except that, you need that sprocket and chain changing as soon as possible, that sprocket could fail at anytime the consequences l don't even want to think about it. Also that knocking noise as you call it is being transmitted through your gearbox - transmission, each knock is a knock on the gearbox bearings cushion drive and anything else connected to it. I wouldn't be fobbed off get it change.

Regarding the cold start issue l would suspect that there's a sensor that in need of adjustment or replacing, as already said the shop has a duty of care and you have paid for that. Best of luck

Hi I wouldn't except that, you need that sprocket and chain changing as soon as possible, that sprocket could fail at anytime the consequences l don't even want to think about it. Also that knocking noise as you call it is being transmitted through your gearbox - transmission, each knock is a knock on the gearbox bearings cushion drive and anything else connected to it. I wouldn't be fobbed off get it change.

How would I find out if such an item is covered by the "warranty"? As I'm sure all these warranties etc. Don't include "wear and tear" items like brakes and chains etc.?

My problem is I'm a damn pushover when I'm not up to scratch on bike.

Hi, if the chain is knocking and they have said it's the chain and sprockets, l would say they are selling something thats not fit for purpose. That bike is a high performance motorbike it needs to be kept like one, don't be fobbed off, if there going to dig in tell them your going to take it to the RAC to have it inspected and get a second opinion that should bring them round.

Hi, if the chain is knocking and they have said it's the chain and sprockets, l would say they are selling something that not fit for purpose. That bike is a high performance motorbike it needs to be kept like one, don't be fobbed off, if there going to dig in tell them your going to take it to the RAC to have it inspected and get a second opinion that should bring them round.

I've arranged to go to a local bike MOT station today to ask them to have a look, must it be the RAC for me to have any weight to my argument?

Hi, if the chain is knocking and they have said it's the chain and sprockets, l would say they are selling something that not fit for purpose. That bike is a high performance motorbike it needs to be kept like one, don't be fobbed off, if there going to dig in tell them your going to take it to the RAC to have it inspected and get a second opinion that should bring them round.

I've arranged to go to a local bike MOT station today to ask them to have a look, must it be the RAC for me to have any weight to my argument?

Is the shop where you brought it from not an MOT station most trained mac? A MOT station will only pick up on the safety aspects of the bike the RAC will a to z it if you ask them, I would get an independent engineer to look it over, then there's also trading standards if all else fails

I wouldnt expect them to be changing chains and sprockets. There consumables and they might of priced it accordingly. You wouldnt expect them to replacing tyres unless they fell below the limit before sale.

Unless it was advertised at top doller 'needs nothing' i cant see them doing it.

Surely thats where looking at the bike and noticing they are worn out comes in, you haggle for a new chain and sprockets off or buy if they swap them in house.

The problem doesn't arise until you start it from cold which I could never do in the shop. Same as the knocking, only can be felt when riding 40mph, something impossible in the shop [emoji39]

Also I've just went 134 miles from getting on the light, putting £13 in and then I hit the light again at 135 miles.

That can't be right, 135 miles from £13 @ 109.9p = 51mpg