Heated glove liners

Just to say, I ended up getting a pair of Warmawear battery-pack operated glove liners (£26.99). To test them properly I didn't switch them on till my hands started feeling cold. And they seemed to work - I didn't actually feel any warmth, like when you touch a hot-water bottle. But I stopped noticing my hands, which is probably the aim. Anyway, quite happy with them. The battery packs are a little clumsy but they didn't impede my hands at all. A good solution for somebody who can't afford to spend a lot.

I'm sure Phil Young is flaunting some heated gloves on here somewhere. Undecided what to pick, gloves, liners or just hack hands off and use hooks.

Looks good 4.5v :cry: if they where only 5v then they be converted into USB Powered...

Which you could power form the bike (I hate the idea of batteries running out and getting cold).

Looks good 4.5v :cry: if they where only 5v then they be converted into USB Powered...

Which you could power form the bike (I hate the idea of batteries running out and getting cold).

How do such things work (USB powered gloves). Every time you jump on the bike you have to plug your gloves in to a cable you've routed from a USB under the seat somewhere? How's that waterproof? Also how easily so they detach?

I like the idea of gloves with a small rechargeable battery pack installed. I could charge the gloves up free whilst at Uni/Work every few days.

LiamGTR

I have a thread that no one seems interested in but I have devised a £5 heated jumper that is powered by the USB socket used for charging my phone.

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=59745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Initially I am using ultimate add-ons water proof USB port and using my magnetic tank bag to tame the cable...

I am now going to take this a step further to make USB powered heated trousers, jacket & boots. With more robust water proof connections fro under my seat.

I am using USB as its lower voltage and less likely to give a seriously shocking experience in the event of water ingress (although I do not plan to ride when its that cold and wet). I am using USB (5v) power supply as the heat pads etc are cheap.... They might not protect in sub zero temps but they do a great job of taking the chill out and making cold weather riding more comfortable with less layers...

Once I have constructed my MK2 set up I may well turn a hose on the electrics and see how they stand up or if I get a shocking experience :shock: just out of interest...

I think that all looks very interesting and I will follow the development with interest. I don't know many inventors. However I have no problem (except the difficulty of swinging my leg over the seat) due to the number of Iayers I wear, topped off with a workman's/roadmender's jacket from a local industrial suppliers, which also has the advantage of being hi-viz. It's just my hands that were getting cold and the gloves liners have solved that problem for this season, anyway.

I have a thread that no one seems interested in but I have devised a £5 heated jumper that is powered by the USB socket used for charging my phone.

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=59745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think people are interested we just don't have anything to contribute! Have a "like" instead :lol:

I think people are interested we just don't have anything to contribute! Have a "like" instead :lol:

I was worried this thread was another "Onesea's fire-hazzard in the making" :lol:

I'm still torn between going whole hog jacket & gloves wired into bike (as it seems easier and less wiring if I can connect to bike to jacket then jacket to gloves) or just get some wireless rechargeable gloves.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried the same gloves, not much cop, even bought 12v chargeable packs, it made them better but still not good, so I got these they work a treat and cheap as chips, you first wrap them around the grip, then hold them in place with tape, slide over the heat shrink sleeving and shrink using a heat gun, fit switch under mirror post, and connect to battery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-Warm-Heated-Handlebars-Black/dp/B00JWHFD2W?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref_=pe_2223501_125720581_em_1p_0_ti" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's my set-up: a Gerbing dual temperature controller lashed to the tank bag, plugged into a socket that has been hard-wired into the bike and cable-tied to the satnav mount. Just plug the jacket into the controller and the gloves into the jacket cuffs and you're away. The temperature of jacket and gloves can be adjusted independently as you ride, and it's kept me toasty warm even blasting along Dutch motorways in the snow.

:thumb:

Bike.thumb.jpg.a0fe700cd15699b172d760c96a2d5f39.jpg

Here's my set-up: a Gerbing dual temperature controller lashed to the tank bag, plugged into a socket that has been hard-wired into the bike and cable-tied to the satnav mount. Just plug the jacket into the controller and the gloves into the jacket cuffs and you're away. The temperature of jacket and gloves can be adjusted independently as you ride, and it's kept me toasty warm even blasting along Dutch motorways in the snow.

:thumb:

Looks a good tank bag, what make is it and how many ltrs.

I was worried this thread was another "Onesea's fire-hazzard in the making" :lol:

Anything overheated next to body probably is.

Looks a good tank bag, what make is it and how many ltrs.

It's Kriega - great kit and totally waterproof. You buy a tank adapter that goes around the steering yoke and clips under the front of the seat, and then add the 5, 10, 20 or 30 litre bag. Can't recommend it highly enough!