Wembley. parking etc.

NeilM

Bit of a random one this.

I know we have a few football fans amongst us. ( six30 etc).

Right the team I follow have got to Wembley for the first time in their history for the FA trophy final on may 22nd. The times I've been have always been on the train/coach.

Anyway because it's a momentus occasion my dad's wanting to come down.

Series of heart attacks and he is a blue badge holder.

I have been trying to make sense of the fa website but it's very poor and cannot make contact by phone.

Does anyone have any idea of how far the blue badge parking is away from the turnstiles.?

Help much appreciated. He's 73 and never seen us at Wembley so not taking him is not an option.

Cheers all :thumb:

I go to Wembley for Internationals quite regularly and I used to take my Father in Law until he passed away.

He also as an officer of the local county FA had to go to Wembley quite often other than on match days, and despite him being blue badge holder, he always chose to travel in by train which he said was easier.

To be fair, I also travel in my train as I can park at High High Wycombe, the train stops right outside the stadium and it is a leisurely 5 - 10 minute walk from the staton into the stadium, and then it is a very efficient service getting everyone onto the trains at the end of the game.

I appreciate that this does not really answer your question, as despite having had a heart attack myself, and I now suffer from heart failure, I am not quite ready for the knackers yard so I don't have a blue badge, I can only tell you something based on my exprience of using public transport and my Father in Laws experience.

And of course this is before you start even thinking about the nightmare that is traffic around Wembley on a match day.

Tuesday will be a nightmare when we take on Holland. My advice is if he can walk short distances OK, then consider public transport.

Thanks for the reply TC.

Yes a 10 mins walk is just about doable.

Obviously for us it won't be a sell out on the scale of this weeks match.

But the FA in their wisdom have decided that the FA trophy final will also incorperate the fa vase final as a prelude.

Normal circumstances this is no issue.

This year 3 out of the 4 teams playing on the day happen to be ex league clubs...... Us included.

Therefore the level of policing and segregation will be higher. This I am led to believe will also include car parks and ways into the areas of tge turnstiles etc (unfortunately all 3 clubs have active hooligan elements who in the recent past have clashed)

If you were to get the train, the rush for the tube after can be a nightmare afterwards, the walk isn't the problem its the bottleneck of getting thousands of people in the same direction. That being said I don't know how busy it will be, as I have only been to sold out events and I'm not sure what the ticket sales is like for that one. My Mrs lived round there for a while so i know the area pretty well. There is an industrial estate pretty much next to the stadium where you may get a way with parking on double yellow with the blue badge, however they do provide blue badge parking but it costs.

check this out:

http://www.wembleyofficialparking.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

snippet from the website:

We provide thousands of secure car parking spaces for events at Wembley Stadium. Car parks are located moments from the venue and are secured with the latest technology and CCTV installed and officially marshalled on major event days. You may park from 7am until midnight on Stadium event days. Kick off is at 2.30 pm. To secure a car park space at a Wembley Stadium event, pre-book on-line today. Make sure you allow plenty of time to enjoy your day. Why not come early to shop and have a bite to eat at the London Designer Outlet. Please ensure you click on the ‘CAR PARK DETAIL’ on this page to check the MAP & POST CODE for your car park booking. PLEASE NOTE - BLUE BADGE PARKING FOR BOTH TEAMS IS LOCATED IN THE SAME CAR PARK - HA9 0TU. Please check our ‘Help’ page for further info. Thank you

Yes that's just the section of the website I was stalling at :thumb:

Our game is yet to be on the list of events and when you try to ring them a recorded message is all you get.

The thought of tube station bottle necks with my dad and an 11 year old lad hold no joy at all to be honest.

It's the old romour mill going into overdrive at the moment concerning all the segregation issues.

The funniest of which is "who will get given the Green Man pub.... :lol:

Doesn't apply to us as I just need to get him in the ground.

Cheers gents.

Decided I will go with the drive down and pre book a blue badge scenario.

Now then.

Any one know of a decent premier inn etc north of London for the Saturday night?

He can have his pint then :lol:

Well me too to be honest

there must be one on the stadium complex i would of thought or other local major place is brent cross http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/greater-london/london/london-wembley-park.html?ARRdd=25&ARRmm=03&ARRyyyy=2016&ROOMS=1&ADULT1=1&CHILD1=0&COT1=0&INTTYP1=DB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Found this ....

Provision has been made for accessible parking spaces. These are available in both the Stadium car-parks. These are available to Blue-Badge holders and will need to be booked in advance. Please contact City and Suburban Parking at the following website address: http://www.gotocsp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to reserve your place. Please note that as all passes must be pre-sent, the cut off date for requesting a pass is 72 hours before an event.

Read more at http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide/DisabledAccess/~/link.aspx?_id=71CADD3653A64FC4B6E048374F4F5FD6&_z=z#YfOMoVXgRL7VJSJW.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your probably find yourself parked next to the England bus , cause the play like a bunch of raspberries most of the time.

Thanks a lot gents.

p.s. who is it you follow Six?

Before you say it ... yes the Liverpool bus will propably be parked next to the England bus... Next season is our season :D

image.gif.3cbd256ad3c313c2c06ddc0abf79cb86.gif

I actually think Klopp will do a really good job at anfield and was made up for them beating the **** in the uefa.

Yeh I think he will to , and he will attract some quality players in the summer ... I hope

Your a Halifax fan then ? That will be a great day out at Wembley for you .

there must be one on the stadium complex i would of thought or other local major place is brent cross http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/greater-london/london/london-wembley-park.html?ARRdd=25&ARRmm=03&ARRyyyy=2016&ROOMS=1&ADULT1=1&CHILD1=0&COT1=0&INTTYP1=DB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

as EAB says, from memory i think there is an IBIS and the Hilton right next door. If you stay there you could park in there car park and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Failing that there are premier inns/travel lodges all over the place, can't say I have stayed in any of them though. If i had the room Neil, you guys would be more then welcome to stay here the night. I'm sure your old man has had his day with sofa surfing :mrgreen:

Cheers Josh.

Yes the old boy is definitely too old for a sofa.

Just been looking at premier inns near hemel hemstead. Cheap as chips really.

2 rooms for 80 notes. (One of the lads is also coming down on the sane trip. The rest of them are going down on the friday :shock: )

Yes Six.

Town are my home town club.

Followed them all over the country on and off for 30 odd year.

We have never been Wembley in 105 years existence :thumb:

The rugby club played there twice in the 80s and I was there both times then.

I am surprised at the comment regarding the bottleneck, heading into the station although I admit I caught caught the British Rail service rather than the underground.

But after the league cup final a couple of weeks ago, I was on a train heading back to High Wycombe with minimal delay. From the presentaion of the cup to getting back to my car in High Wycombe took less than 45 minutes

I am surprised at the comment regarding the bottleneck, heading into the station although I admit I caught caught the British Rail service rather than the underground.

But after the league cup final a couple of weeks ago, I was on a train heading back to High Wycombe with minimal delay. From the presentaion of the cup to getting back to my car in High Wycombe took less than 45 minutes

Aye, after every game I have been too it can take 45 minutes just to get onto the tube (wembley park) if you go the extra walk you can get to wembley central pretty quick.

There is a shortcut that we use if we are getting the tube, at the middle of wembley way where the road is, take a right down the road rather then waiting to cross and sit in the crowd. Take the next left and keep leftish and go up the stairs and you miss the rush. Takes you round the back of the hotel :mrgreen:

Cheers chaps.

We are going to book a hotel on the outskirts or even luton area.

That way its just a short ish hop to the game on the Sunday.

All we need is a couple of decent rooms and a decent boozer within a short taxi ride and we are sorted.

I know mate.

Spent far too many nights in premier inns over the years :thumb:

They can be a soulless at times tho I find.

The worst one we ever stopped in was in Hatfield for an away game in St albans. It had only just opened and was in the middle of an industrial estate as I recall.

We had also cocked up our mileage estimates and it must have been bbest part of 20 notes to get to St albans in the taxi :shock:

This was a good 15 year back too. Bar was in the reception.

Only good point. We asked on the sunday morning how to pay for breakfast. Young lass says to 6 northern football fans pay after you have ate on the way out. Needless to say. Fire escapes both in and out were utilised :thumb: As I say a long time ago......