Trespassing Neighbour

Invisible_Man

Hey,

Just after a bit of advise and you guys seem fairly clued up on most things.

I'm currently living in house that my dad and my auntie joint own. They employ the next door neighbour as the gardener.

This guy is a self righteous prick. When I first moved in he moaned as I slightly wet the fence whilst washing my bike. I took it on the chin as I didn't want to cause a problem...

However in hindsight I should have asked what he thinks happens if it rains?

Tonight my car was ticking over for 5 minutes in the drive when I hear a loud bang on the window.....I had been doing some wiring inside the car and was worried about the battery going flat.

He said 'turn that off'. So i said 'no' and asked him to leave the property. At this pointing he says 'Its not your property'. I told him I'll ring the police which he told me to go ahead and do and stood there...behind my car door.

At this point i wanted to kick him out the garden but was unsure where i stood. If i ejected him forcefully would there be any repercussions?

My sister lived here before me and had a similar experience.

It sounds petty but this guy is rude, obnoxious and has small man syndrome written all over him. Next time it happens it would be nice to know how far I can take it!

IM

He sounds like a right jumped up little shit. Unfortunately, you have to use force which is proportionate - so you'd risk prosecution if you did smack him one, even if he is on your property.

Just a heads up, if you do threaten him (and I probably would if there was no one around) twats like this can do crafty things like record things with cameras, phones, even an Apple watch etc - so just bear that in mind. Stand your ground and good luck.

You are the legal and entitled person to that property.

He may be the gardener but unless he has grounds to be on the property then he must keep off and obey the tenant.

For example, most shop policy's where you work entitle to to all staff areas when you are within work hours but outside work hours you ain't covered by work insurance unless invited in staff areas...... Same applies here, not regarding ins but you know what I mean.

Tell him to jog on and n xt time you threat to call the popo then call them they will be on your side, point out there is no grounds man jobs to do, no prior arrangement and he is being 'unreasonable'

As for leaving s motor vehicle running he can get silly about this and the police must enforce that you cannot leave a vehicle unattended and running for both crime prevention and carbon footprint reasons. I know what a joke but as for the fence I would have sprayed it with the hose some more

Hi,

TMBF BBQ will be held in the summer lol prize for the loudest exhaust! Free bike wash against the fence!

I think what annoyed me most was his attitude. I'm a quiet guy and avoid confrontation where possible and me and my family keep ourselves to ourselves. If he had approached me with some manners I would have been understanding.

Least I know my rights now so shall be telling him in no uncertain terms to do one next time he cones round.I think because he owns his house he feels he has some power over us.

Cheers,

Shaun

Hi,

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't pay him the 75 quid a month he charges to do 10 minutes gardening a week!

I've been thinking about removing his access but unsure how to go about it.....could I use the removal of implied right of access letter that is used for balliffs etc?

I've also seen a 'warning of tresspass' letter which basically tell them if they come onto the land again there tresspassing and will be immediatly reported to the police.

Cheers,

IM

So when are you hosting a tmbf baffles out bbq and bike wash next to the fence?

:up:

We did something simular once with a friend who had an annoying neighbour who used to kick off that my friend left for work at 6 am in his evo which is a tad loud. So we had a meet at his followed by a cruise out in the eve. So we were all arriving staggered for around an hour and at 7pm all 18 evos promptly started warming up ready for the drive out :)

Phone your local Church of Latter Day Saints as your neighbour and say you'd love to host a coffee morning.

You evil man, I love this idea!

Keeping that one in the locker!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

well i might be able to get the harley there to help with the sing along at the bbq...............also if he gets shitty again tell him the inland revenue might like to know about his undeclared income and the amount of back tax he owes them

Hi,

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't pay him the 75 quid a month he charges to do 10 minutes gardening a week!

I've been thinking about removing his access but unsure how to go about it.....could I use the removal of implied right of access letter that is used for balliffs etc?

I've also seen a 'warning of tresspass' letter which basically tell them if they come onto the land again there tresspassing and will be immediatly reported to the police.

Cheers,

IM

Tresspass isnt a police matter, its civil.

1st hes only tresspassing after he has been asked to leave.

2nd you still cant lay a finger on him.

Tresspass is a civil matter, assault is criminal.

Better off gluing his door locks, wiper blades etc when everyones sleeping.

Trespass can be a police matter, and in these circumstances they would say it's civil, however they can be there to ensure a breach of the peace doesn't occur, and also have words with the neighbour, depending on the officers.

Yes you can lay hands on, as you are a lawful occupier, you can use *minimal* force to eject someone from your land.

Don't go all Kung fu on his ass, that's gonna see you nicked. Plenty of better ways.

Trespass can be a police matter, and in these circumstances they would say it's civil, however they can be there to ensure a breach of the peace doesn't occur, and also have words with the neighbour, depending on the officers.

Yes you can lay hands on, as you are a lawful occupier, you can use *minimal* force to eject someone from your land.

Don't go all Kung fu on his ass, that's gonna see you nicked. Plenty of better ways.

There only bothered if its armed tresspass.

Whats minimal force? Its a grey area.

Oh and further to this...

If he keeps pestering you and turning up at your door, then you can go down the harassment route. This is criminal. In all likely hood he'd get a first instance harassment warning issued, if he breaks this, then he'll end up at the Police Sation. You'd really need some decent evidence though so maybe get the other half to film every time he comes onto your property and you confront him.

There only bothered if its armed tresspass.

Yes mate it really is a grey area, however if you put a hand out and keep walking, effectively pushing him out, you will not commit any offence. However, chubbing him three times in the head and battering his kidneys is not minimal ;)

As for civil disputes, they take so much time up you wouldn't believe. We can only give impartial advice and prevent a BOP. Officers will turn up if it's getting out of hand.

My understanding is that you can kill them if they really piss you off. I got that from Cartman in Southpark though, so it might not stand up in a British court.

My understanding is that you can kill them if they really piss you off. I got that from Cartman in Southpark though, so it might not stand up in a British court.

but his mum is a bitch what would he know ...............Cartman that is lol