Next project -- Ar125 on road build---

Little update most of the parts have been paid for and some have arrived!

I have had the lights working

Carb cleaned out fired up off easy start....

Tank is full slushy rust! Replacement is from the donor bike!

Should get a day this week and i might actually hear it run on its own steam!! Happy days

Now running premix i only started it on easy start to hear it fire.

This time it started by pullinh fuel through

">
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have no fittef wadding

">
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you have removed the wadding in the baffle dont for g et you are going to need t o possibly adjust the carb as now it has less back pressure it could well be running lean which can cause it to burn the piston out

It originally had no wadding i have added some, i have no changed the jetts yet i have a 105 to go in, how would i know if it is running lean ?

Read up on "Plug Chops".

Basically you have the bike running at high RPM and hit the kill switch. Then remove the spark plug and look at its colour.

The colour of be plug will tell you if you're running rich or lean.

There is on version of the plug chop where they actually cut the plug in half - don't do that, it wastes a perfectly good sparkplug!

I thought plug chop was hacking off a bit of the electrode...

Yes some people insist it is, but the "Chop" refers to chopping the power not the plug, so you can do a plug chop without chopping the plug. Confusing!

Lol

Basically it's just about reading the colour of your plug. If it's white you're too lean if it's black you're too rich, nice biscuity brown is where you want to be.

Read up on "Plug Chops".

Basically you have the bike running at high RPM and hit the kill switch. Then remove the spark plug and look at its colour.

The colour of be plug will tell you if you're running rich or lean.

There is on version of the plug chop where they actually cut the plug in half - don't do that, it wastes a perfectly good sparkplug!

Hi,

Thanks for that little bit of information i will look into it tonight and do a test Sunday

I thought plug chop was hacking off a bit of the electrode...

Yes some people insist it is, but the "Chop" refers to chopping the power not the plug, so you can do a plug chop without chopping the plug. Confusing!

Lol

Basically it's just about reading the colour of your plug. If it's white you're too lean if it's black you're too rich, nice biscuity brown is where you want to be.

Hi joeman,

Thank you for verifying that, i will check it Sunday

So you could chop a chop then. :-)

I've not tried chopping an electrode - do see the reason given you can buy iridium plugs with the pointy bit (sooo much better than standard).

So you could chop a chop then. :-)

I've not tried chopping an electrode - do see the reason given you can buy iridium plugs with the pointy bit (sooo much better than standard).

Hi Mr Fro,

Never had to chop a plug i will look into it yesterday it just rained :( so will be later tonight, to check the plug

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p562/classickid21/kawasaki%20ar125%2084%20b1%20build/DBE0CDEE-4EEE-46AC-8CB6-A77ED8C6AB98_zpsrm02cldf.jpg

?? Oilly black but could this be because i am premixing ?

Another silly question the engine is hot and the rad coolant is cold ? I used castro heat transfer fluid i am going to pull the themostate out tomorrow evening and test that. The temp gauge doesn't seem to work either :/

Need a home made rolling road!!

Revving will always blacken the plug as when you blip the throttle the fueling goes rich for a short moment.

Premixing shouldn't make a difference so long as you have your mixture correct.

Revving will always blacken the plug as when you blip the throttle the fueling goes rich for a short moment.

Lol yes i do need one of them ;)

I don't know the mixture i just did £5 petrol and poored some oil in

you need to ride the bike and get it warm and then check plug just idling and revving it stationary will not give a good indication at all and what percentage premix are you running it on?

£5 to cap and half full or pored in how would i find the correct mix ?

Lol yes i do need one of them ;)

I don't know the mixture i just did £5 petrol and poored some oil in

Mate, get the mixture sorted. You can't tune a two-stroke unless you have a consistent mixture.

Pop to a garden centre and buy a mixing bottle used for garden tools. They only cost few quid but will allow you to get the mixture correct every time.

Better still get the injection pump working!!

I use a kitchen measuring jug for my 2 stroke chain saw and strimmer.

mix to correct ratio in jug then pour out of jug into tank.

I would have thought the AR would have it's own 2-stroke tank and pump!

you can usually adjust the rate of the pump.

I use a kitchen measuring jug for my 2 stroke chain saw and strimmer.

mix to correct ratio in jug then pour out of jug into tank.

I would have thought the AR would have it's own 2-stroke tank and pump!

you can usually adjust the rate of the pump.

i have a tank and pump but i need to re order the correct throttle cable that should lead to the pump and dual cable rather then single. i have been told 2 stroke pumps fail so hence why i premixed it was roughly 50;1

Left to do on the bike!

Head light bracket moves side to side.

May fit the oil tank and new throttle cable,

Paint the tank and few little parts make look pretty after the MOT!

Insure it! Tax it ride it! Then end of the month pick up my daily ;) i am going to have best of both worlds ;) 2 and 4 on the road

and dont forget to bleed the oil pump once you start using it should be dead easy to do if its anything like the old suzuki gt250's were

I have never had to do one so i will

Look in the haynes manual, i have ordered a new throttle cable it would be silly not to run the original oil tank :) Fingers cross the pump works i couldnt find replacement new online :/