I am quite proud of myself

TC1474

Well done all who have kicked the habit. I've been off cigs for about 5 years now, like others switching to E-Cigs.

I make my own e-juice too, which comes to about £40 a litre. Half a litre lasts me about 4 months :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i found it was best to just stop instead of substitute for something else that then needs kicking as t hey can become a habit and it seems can be harmful if used long term

For the true addict this is the most difficult thing in the world.

I used Champix and had really good results.. first off you carry on smoking for a week after beginning the tablet.. and as the days go by the cigs turn from a nicotine rush to the equivalent of sucking on a stick of burning wood. The champix blocks the brain from taking up the nicotine.. and that makes you realise just how horrible cigarettes actually are. So you smoke less.. stub them out quicker and stopping is completely painless. No withdrawal symptoms at all. I could have swapped to ecigs... but to my mind that does nothing about the actual problem: the addiction. In our culture its acceptable to be a drug addict if that drug is called nicotine. which is fine.. but not for me, i wanted to stop completely. And as an addict.. stopping 'cold turkey' was out of the question.

I gave up in 2005 after smoking for 18 years.

I was on 20-30 a day and had not been enjoying it for some time. I woke up one morning and thought to myself, I've had enough. Went cold turkey and looking back I couldn't believe how easy I found it. I really thought I would struggle.

I did some research of nicotine withdrawal symptoms are to my surprise there were more than a few! Quite a lot actually. I suffered from two for a couple of weeks - irritability and a bit of insomnia.

I guess going cold turkey can work, but I think that it was the right time for me to quit.

Well done Tony and everyone else that has quit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did some research of nicotine withdrawal symptoms are to my surprise there were more than a few! Quite a lot actually. I suffered from two for a couple of weeks - irritability and a bit of insomnia.

I can relate to that. I gave up cold turkey and was surprised at how easy it was in terms of not having any cravings, but the physical withdrawl was a different kettle of fish. I was surprised at just how many potential physical withdrawls that were out there, and I seemed to cop most of them.

I suffered the shortness of breath, thr insomnia, the hacking cough, dripping nose, headaches, and, and, and...but what I did not realise was that the physical withdrawl symptoms mirror heart failure symptoms

So whilst it probablyhelped me in terms of having no cravings because my lungs were filling up with fluid, it was not until I started swelling up and was unable to walk any further than to the bathroom that it all became clearer.

Strangely enough (and I guess by coincidence) when I was in Hospital there were a couple of other people who had also recently quit, and they also thought that they were in the first instance experiencing physical withdrawl symptoms. They like me had a bit of a surprise waiting :(

But back to your original point, the list of physical withdrawls as you say is quite extensive

http://www.quitguide.com/nicotine-withdrawal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quite surprising really.

I have hit the 1 year anniversary of when I quit smoking

To say I am quietly proud and slightly chuffed with this achievement is an understatement.

Here is to the next 12 months as an ex smoker.

I stopped on Sunday 26th March 2006 when smoking was made illegal in the pub in Scotland. It took a year to properly get used to not smoking and that means far less chance of going back. :thumb: