cbt eye test issue

hi everyone, i know a lot are going to say i shouldnt etc, but i went for my cbt today and failed the eye test, iv been to the opticians and they are going to sort me some new glasses out but they could take a while to arrive, however i live in alfreton in derbyshire and i struggle to get places or to go and see my daughters, i really need someone to recommend somewhere i can get a cbt done near me from somewhere that would be able to give me a little leeway and help me out a bit, i can see, im not blind i just suffer with reading only.

anyhelp would be really appreciated, it is just the eye test i suffer with due to not being able to read very well (possible dyslexia) IT IS JUST READING I SUFFER WITH) PLEASE HELP ME FIND SOMEWHERE NEAR ME THAT COULD DO MY CBT. i live in the DE55 post code area.

thanks

Welcome to forum, surely if been given new glasses then it isn't just reading (dyslexia) that you suffer with otherwise they would have said you didn't need them?

Any bike instructor doing your CBT will fail you in same situation as be putting their job at risk otherwise.

However if I have misunderstood and is just down to Dyslexia then you can't be the first one surely.

I didnt even get an eye check on my CBT. But it was a very lack lustre CBT hope someone can help you or you can get some glasses/contacts that may help you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude just wait the couple days for your glasses. It's quite important to be able to read stuff like road signs and the like. Oh and you know see pedestrians and stuff.

Yeah... i'm gonna be a tad harsh and say by trying to "cheat" the test. you're not only endangering yourself, you're endangering everyone else, vehicles or pedestrians..

Heres a tip.

https://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?keywords=taxis+%26+private+hire+vehicles&location=United+Kingdom&scrambleSeed=1637768449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The instructor was quite right not to allow you to continue with your CBT.

He is not qualified to test your eyes, (only an optician can do that) all he can do legally is check your ability to read a number plate at a set distance. If you are unable to read that number plate not only do you commit the offence when you go out on road of riding with impaired vision, the instructor comits the offence of aid and abet, and this is before you take into consideration the safety aspect to both yourself and other road users.

It may seem like a pain at the moment, but in the longer term it will be to your benefit of both your physicall health, your licence health and the health of other road users.

In 35+ years of instructing I have had a few students (especially at advanced level) who have turned up for either training or thir test with eyesight that is not up to par, and whilst they were unhappy at the time we could not continue, in hindsight they came to realise that the instructor (well most of them anyway) only have your best interests at heart.