I feel really old

TC1474

15th September 1975, I joined the Police service and started my first day of training. 41 years ago today.

I remember it like it was yesterday and I am still in touch with a few who joined the same day as me (who went onto much higher ranks I hasten to add), but makes you wonder where all the time has gone.

Different service now to the one I joined though.

You are really old Tony.......and I'm even bloody older! :(

But going by your Linkedin pic I look years younger than you! 8-)

Maybe time I started lying about my age! :lol:

no you should'nt you should be proud , not many of you Spitfire pilots left :shock:

Pah you're all mere striplings.

I had my first car (a mk 1 Consul) in 1967.

Bench seat, column gear change, arm round gf.

Ageing ain't a lot of fun sometimes, but way better than the alternative.

My first car was a Viva HB in 1972! What a POS that was!

My first car still hasn't happened! :lol:

My first car still hasn't happened! :lol:

Back in those days we'd get any old POS car just for shagging.

And you'd let your mates borrow it if they got lucky.......Mini vans were very popular as I recall.

I even got it on in a Reliant Regal back in 1971. Basically, as long as it could get to some deserted car park that was good enough!

Till Plod came along and put a stop to it! Bet TC seen a few things back in his day!

Blimey! Sounds like a hefty expense to go to... couldn't just ride to some nearby woods and find a patch without too many nettles? :lol:

You could buy a beat up Anglia for about 40 quid back then!

In fact I put one of them on it's roof in a ditch on Xmas Eve 72......but that's a whole other story!

You could buy a beat up Anglia for about 40 quid back then!

In fact I put one of them on it's roof in a ditch on Xmas Eve 72......but that's a whole other story!

My first car was a Renault 10 that was given to me by my mother. That would be around 1976 when I passed my car test. I remember going down a hill and rolling it flat out at about 30MPH with the wind in my favour so I was travelling far too fast :wink: Anyway car cam to a halt lying on its side, I climbed out unhurt, pushed it back onto its wheels and carried on with my journey. You couldn't do that now.

Till Plod came along and put a stop to it! Bet TC seen a few things back in his day!

There was a vehicle parked up on the Police OP on the M4 one night. Windows were steamed up, so we investigated. Couple were going at it hammer and tong :D Banged on the window and said "Hey, you can only stop on the Motorway in an emercency!" "This was an emergency " he replied. I didn't have the heart to spoil his fun, although I think that had already happened when I banged on the window :roll:

Another night got an call from the Ambulance service to say that they were attending an incident with a car and our assistance was requested. Long story short, Sugar Daddy was out in his E-Type with his bimbo when she got horny and started doing rude things across the gear tunnel. Gear lever got stuck somewhere unexpected.

Anyway, Fire service had to cut said gear lever and young bimbo complete with gear lever and gear knob were removed to Hospital whlst embarrased sgar Daddy arranged recovery on his beloved E-Type (which was immaculate A1 condition) and tried to explain why he could not drive it and why it needed recovery.

So yes, there were a few incidents which caused humour :lol:

1992 here, not to rub it in. Being 18 feels like yesterday, when my mates talk about stuff we did and realize it was 7 years ago now :shock:

Ah 1992. The year I had my first born :| mentally my age has not changed since then !

TC!!

I demand a thread full of emergency services stories :D I reckon you and MrBS could have some amazing ones to pool together..

Start it with that gear stick one cos that made me double take :shock:

There was a vehicle parked up on the Police OP on the M4 one night. Windows were steamed up, so we investigated. Couple were going at it hammer and tong :D Banged on the window and said "Hey, you can only stop on the Motorway in an emercency!" "This was an emergency " he replied. I didn't have the heart to spoil his fun, although I think that had already happened when I banged on the window :roll:

:

Thats brilliant, glad you had the heart to not arrest them!!.