Can't find a jacket to fit

It depends upon whether your arms are abnormally long compared to your chest size......most of my jackets are a reasonable length in the arm and I've not had any problems with them riding up significantly. What sizes are you looking at?

4xl bloody hell mate that would be loose as hell its somthing im going to wear for years pal

Just an example. Try bigger sizes if the jackets don't fit.

I am 6 feet 5 as well (both height and girth :wink: ) and I have long arms.

Wulf and Scott leathers always fit me well off the peg.

Anything European such as Furygan are also usually pretty good as they (especially the Germans) do long versions of their standard sizes,

So for example, I am normally a size 58 European (which is a 48 UK) but a size 110 will give you the standard size with an additional 3 inches on the sleeve length (hope that makes sense).

Weisse which is the brand name for Fowlers of Bristol have also usually been pretty good at fitting the taller/longer individual. Just don't think of Weisse being German as many do though.

If you're tall but not so chunky, I feel your pain. I have a little ritual for trying on jackets; hunching over to see if it sags too much at the belly, moving my elbows back to check if it pinches around my armpits, then finally throwing up a couple of heils to the fuhrer to check the sleeve doesn't ride up too much when my arms are extended :lol:

Being serious though, I bought a Held jacket for my wedding and the fit is pretty darn perfect, so I'd recommend giving them a look. Oxford stuff seems to fit pretty well too, but I can't recommend their waterproofing :roll:

If in doubt, try to aim for stuff that has lots of adjusters! My winter jacket has adjusters at the waist, chest, upper arms, lower arms, and wrists... Something like that is probably your best bet. Well, or you could buy one you like then get it tailored :P

If you're tall but not so chunky, I feel your pain. I have a little ritual for trying on jackets; hunching over to see if it sags too much at the belly, moving my elbows back to check if it pinches around my armpits, then finally throwing up a couple of heils to the fuhrer to check the sleeve doesn't ride up too much when my arms are extended :lol:

Being serious though, I bought a Held jacket for my wedding and the fit is pretty darn perfect, so I'd recommend giving them a look. Oxford stuff seems to fit pretty well too, but I can't recommend their waterproofing :roll:

If in doubt, try to aim for stuff that has lots of adjusters! My winter jacket has adjusters at the waist, chest, upper arms, lower arms, and wrists... Something like that is probably your best bet. Well, or you could buy one you like then get it tailored :P

that's exactly what I did in j&s motorcycles the other day very frustrating I'm not really thin I'm 6,5 210lb I just have rediculously long arms ha

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have any ideas I've tried loads of sports textile jackets and everyone of them raise about 3 inches up my arm :cry:

Being honest they all will :roll: So what's left to do is to find one that is less annoying... I know how difficult it can be. I very very rarely wear mine (10 times in last three years if that) I used to be a swimmer so my issue is fitting in a jacket and not pulling a "milli vanilli" look :lol: Not even mention the raising sleeves nightmare! However having Alpinestars t-gp plus and it seems ok. Got longer sleeves than any other jackets. Worth a try :)

I am not sure if they make them in giantenormous size to fit You :wink: Maybe get two and sew them together, just a thought :mrgreen: