Helmets

My wife just bought me a new helmet for Christmas but has shown me just to check that I like it. The helmet doesn't have the kite mark on it and there are no labels to say that it is road safe. I have contacted the seller online and they said that it is safe to use in the UK. Their website advertises that it is EU safe but I am not sure if I can trust them. Any one else had this problem? thanks Lis

Welcome to TMBF mate. ....pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the guys when you can. ...... 8-)

What make is the lid?.......also, fit is more important than anything else, so you need to be absolutely sure it fits correctly..... :wink:

Thanks all! Well my wife was trying to be kind but she didn't realise about the regulation because she doesn't ride herself.

It fits perfectly but I just remember on the CBT course that you needed to make sure it was regulation approved. Think I might send it back but I have to pay for the postage!!

Thanks again :lol:

Where or who did your wife buy it from?

The kite mark was abolished several years ago when BS6658-85 was replaced by EC22/05.

So you won't get a kite mark anymore, but it will have the EC22/05 markings somewhere if it was purchased from a UK retailer.

As far as fit is concerned, is it a comfortable fit or a tight comfortabe fit? If it is a regular comfortable fit then it is too big for you and will become even bigger as the liner moulds and gives.

This question has been asked before but I will ask it again in large letters.

What brand is the helmet?

What model is the helmet?

What does it matter?

Makes no difference regarding approval or legality is concerned

This question has been asked before but I will ask it again in large letters.

What brand is the helmet?

What model is the helmet?

What does it matter?

Makes no difference regarding approval or legality is concerned

Going to have a guess here, but I'd say that if we know what make and model of helmet it is, a quick interwebz search will tell the OP what they need to know

Going to have a guess here, but I'd say that if we know what make and model of helmet it is, a quick interwebz search will tell the OP what they need to know

Makes no difference if its a helmet made for the UK market and sold widely in the UK

Where or who did your wife buy it from?

The kite mark was abolished several years ago when BS6658-85 was replaced by EC22/05.

So you won't get a kite mark anymore, but it will have the EC22/05 markings somewhere if it was purchased from a UK retailer.

As far as fit is concerned, is it a comfortable fit or a tight comfortabe fit? If it is a regular comfortable fit then it is too big for you and will become even bigger as the liner moulds and gives.

The reason I asked is if its a helmet thats not made for the UK market and sold by UK retailers then you could have a problem

Makes no difference if its a helmet made for the UK market and sold widely in the UK

But we don't know if it is made for the UK market, because we don't know what helmet it is...

The reason I asked is if its a helmet thats not made for the UK market and sold by UK retailers then you could have a problem

Which is why I asked the question "where and who was it purchased from" That is what is relevant.

If it is a recognised dealer they are not going to risk prosecution by knowingly selling non accredited helmets which is why make and model is irrelevant.

I have only dealt with one case of a fake helmet here in the UK before and that was a fake AGV that split down the middle.

Make and model only beomes relevant if it is a non recognised brand which I would imagine the OP would have advised had that been the case

Which is why I asked the question "where and who was it purchased from" That is what is relevant.

If it is a recognised dealer they are not going to risk prosecution by knowingly selling non accredited helmets which is why make and model is irrelevant.

I have only dealt with one case of a fake helmet here in the UK before and that was a fake AGV that split down the middle.

Make and model only beomes relevant if it is a non recognised brand which I would imagine the OP would have advised had that been the case

Seeing as the OP has just the CBT he may not have a clue what is a current brand! I used to like FM Axe helmets, can't buy them anymore, so now I have Duchinni!

Seeing as the OP has just the CBT he may not have a clue what is a current brand! I used to like FM Axe helmets, can't buy them anymore, so now I have Duchinni!

Blimey you are going back a bit. They stopped importing FM at least 12 years ago.

But I still go back to my original point if it was from a UK dealer, then it is more than likely a recognised brand.