Cheeky buggers...

MarkW

This sentence appears at the bottom of a tender document I received yesterday from one of our biggest clients:

"Please indicate on your quote the discount you will provide should you be awarded this contract."

This is my response:

"If we are awarded this contract our assumption is that it was either because we were the cheapest, in which case a further discount is unnecessary, or because you recognise the quality of our work. We have always worked on the basis that you get what you pay for, so if you could confirm the lowest level of scientific competence and regulatory compliance you are prepared to accept we can adjust our quote accordingly. In any event, you may consider the fact that we have so far resisted the temptation to impose late payment penalties on your shamefully tardy accounts department sufficient reward for your custom."

I'm just letting this sit over the weekend whilst I decide whether or not to send it...

:D

Are they not asking for a Kickback?

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

My company is tiny and employs six people; this client is a multinational, multi-billion dollar giant that employs over 120,000 people, takes nine months to pay its bills and still has the audacity to ask for discounts.

:shock:

Just up your quote by a grand , then discount it a grand .. You'll be getting my bill for my buisness advice in due course , payment within 30 days would be gratefully appreciated :thumb:

Are they not asking for a Kickback?

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

My company is tiny and employs six people; this client is a multinational, multi-billion dollar giant that employs over 120,000 people, takes nine months to pay its bills and still has the audacity to ask for discounts.

:shock:

I can rember this issue chasing big international company for invoice it was back in June said I what this year or last comes the reply.....

Add 10% on and offer 10% discount if ALL invoices paid within 60 day....

I always thought that the price quoted in the tender is the price agreed upon......otherwise it makes a mockery of the whole tender process. You could just put your best price in with no discount and if you lose, challenge the tender as it does not meet the legal standards required and make them go through the whole process again!