Bike Security...

With all this talk of bike security and theft I was looking into a garage alarm... Well a shed alarm my garage is in a remote block to the house fairly well overlooked so I am not to concerned...

I have looked before but the distance to the house is on the limiet for a remote alarm driveway alarm:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Driveway-Patrol-Alert-Sensor-wireless-weatherproof-Security-Alarm-system-Deluxe-/181955746349?hash=item2a5d685a2d:g:AsIAAOSwAKxWZz7O

I also worry about false alarms form the PIR

Then I found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIRELESS-VIBRATION-SENSOR-REMOTE-CONTROL-BURGLAR-ALARM-SHED-HOME-GARAGE-CARAVAN/131938870304?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D2220072%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140221143405%26meid%3D68978b8612f64942a58212e10e43de72%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D131201714327

Although its a local alarm not remote it could be a good security measure...

Then I thought of putting one on the bikes themselves as well as on the garage door. It could be useful for out and about to, put it under your seat in a bit of fairing and you have a bike alarm. Its not going to be perfect but may well startle the theifs enough, its not going to stop some but thats the way it goes...

I had one like it in the shed, it kept going on and off randomly or so it appeared. Turns out my tv remote also switched it on and off through the walls. If your going to use one (or more) I suggest putting more than one in a overlapping field of view, they are very easy to disable especially if the robber comes in at an angle and destroy it.

I had one like it in the shed, it kept going on and off randomly or so it appeared. Turns out my tv remote also switched it on and off through the walls. If your going to use one (or more) I suggest putting more than one in a overlapping field of view, they are very easy to disable especially if the robber comes in at an angle and destroy it.

Majority of TV remotes use Infrared (line of sight) so not likely to interfere through a wall!

put your had over the front and see that it blocks the signal...