The Tech Nerd Geek Thread

Joeman

I use Windows 10 and android for work and home.

I find with Mac's if they go wrong it's usually the Microsoft Office suite....

Did find a nice bug in the 365 migration tool earlier this year. I believe I resulted in a global patch for their systems because of the issues I had.

The girlfriends SD card appears to have screwed itself in her phone so I need to see if I can do anything about the corrupted files on it. I suspect those images and videos are lost though if she didn't have them backing up elsewhere. Which sucks as they are of kiddo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

.....but way better than any windows laptop.

Oh really?

528866-razer-project-valerie.jpg

Hrm, I hope Razer build better laptops than they do peripherals...

Hmm?

I've been buying razer stuff since the early deathadders, never had anything go wrong on me... one of the most highly respected high end peripheral companies in the world. It's one of many reasons why there is such a cult following - people getting the logo tattooed on themselves etc lol. In fact just about every pro gamer in the world uses razer products. Personally I use a tournament mouse, black widow tourney keyboard and the Tartarus. What's the deal? You had a bad experience with them?

.....but way better than any windows laptop.

Oh really?

Lol, my work desktop has 6x27inch screens ;)

But that's a laptop... you said laptop ;) my home desktop only has three screens lol.

Oh really?

Hmm?

I've been buying razer stuff since the early deathadders, never had anything go wrong on me... one of the most highly respected high end peripheral companies in the world. It's one of many reasons why there is such a cult following - people getting the logo tattooed on themselves etc lol. In fact just about every pro gamer in the world uses razer products. Personally I use a tournament mouse, black widow tourney keyboard and the Tartarus. What's the deal? You had a bad experience with them?

They feel cheap. I've had several of their mice and none of them felt as solid as the logitech ones. I had the battery go on one of their rechargeable mice, it just slowly grew and grew it pushed off the cover and became really quite alarming, I chucked it out before whatever was inside had a chance to leak. Despite providing them with photos and it being <1 yr old, I never got a replacement. Headsets feel cheap too, never bought one because I couldn't get past the feeling that it wouldn't last long.

I figured they had the cult following purely because they sponsor the crap out of tournaments and twitch gamers so people assume they must be awesome.

I bought the hype a few times and was disappointed each time.

Hmm?

They feel cheap. I've had several of their mice and none of them felt as solid as the logitech ones. I had the battery go on one of their rechargeable mice, it just slowly grew and grew it pushed off the cover and became really quite alarming, I chucked it out before whatever was inside had a chance to leak. Despite providing them with photos and it being <1 yr old, I never got a replacement. Headsets feel cheap too, never bought one because I couldn't get past the feeling that it wouldn't last long.

I figured they had the cult following purely because they sponsor the crap out of tournaments and twitch gamers so people assume they must be awesome.

I bought the hype a few times and was disappointed each time.

How odd.

Well, to be honest, I'm surprised they feel cheap, especially comparing razer (about£100 min) to Logitech (about £30) of all things lol. Havent had a rechargeable one, as a gamer I've always used the wired variants.

Don't understand the issue with the replacement, if it was under warranty then it's within your legal rights. Last time I had a problem with anything, it was a keyboard related issue and i tweeted Min-Liang directly and he organised both a replacement and a goody bag including a backpack! Sorry and, frankly, astounded to hear of your issues.

By the way, pro gamers have been using razer long before they really started sponsoring anything. Your incredibly unusual and rare experience aside, everyone I know who uses them has tried lots of other things to but always heads back to Razer.

Haven't actually tried or even picked up the headsets as I bought some turtle beach ones about ten years ago and haven't needed anything since as they're still going strong!

I mean like for similar price points. The £100 logitech mouse feels better than the £100 razer. The mouse was a razer naga, it can be used wireless or wired, I liked the flexibility - wired for gaming, and wireless for when I was randomly browsing crap on my laptop. Not exactly cheap! Was going to post images, but imgur's being a pita.

.... (I don't even like Star Wars!!!)

Delete your account.

What he said, not liking Star Wars at all is almost as bad as siding with the Rebellion.

And star trek is shite.

Only 8 year olds should read comics

There. That's my one and only contribution to the geek thread :up: