Anyone else into Crypto currencies?

Joeman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

30% drop in bit coin and $530 million hacked .... change of underpants time :lol:

The Market Panics at ANY bad news which isnt bad actually because it creates a buying opportunity

Weve seen it panic 3 times sine Jan 1st and bounce back

And Im still in profit too

I sold a chunk close to the too, held onto a chunk. Took profit and the cash I still have invested is still in profit.

Took a bit of a hit on litecoin, but still invested so as it creeps back up I'll break even again soon.

It's certainly a turbulent market, but where there's movement theres profit!

I sold a chunk close to the too, held onto a chunk. Took profit and the cash I still have invested is still in profit.

Took a bit of a hit on litecoin, but still invested so as it creeps back up I'll break even again soon.

It's certainly a turbulent market, but where there's movement theres profit!

Proceed with caution Joe....

image.thumb.jpeg.8a18660aade0641696c2d9f03633339c.jpeg

Its simple really,

The way I see it is,

Think to yourself that the amount you have just invested has GONE! ...Think to yourself you will never see that £ again

NEVER invest anything you cant afford to lose

NEVER think it WILL make you rich

And any profit is a Plus

On these rules My initial investment ATM (@ current low prices) is at 290%

Oh and a "no fee" Trader Helps

Edited by SlowBusa

i'm only playing with beer money really, more out of curiosity than anything else. If I lost it all today at least it was fun!

Exactly Joe, That way you cant lose can you!

If I lost all profit then its been an education

It is making me think about branching into stocks And Shares though

i'm only playing with beer money really, more out of curiosity than anything else. If I lost it all today at least it was fun!

Exactly Joe, That way you cant lose can you!

If I lost all profit then its been an education

It is making me think about branching into stocks And Shares though

FX spread betting is good fun. I used to trade quite a bit and made some good money. These days I dont have the time and i'm also not allowed due to my job.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye put some spare change in Lite, already seen a small boost as I got in the late Jan dip but doubt I'll do owt with it any time soon. :) It's more just an interesting experiment I guess!

I have to say I'm really interested in the tech/coding behind it but I have barely even scratched the surface! Trying to find reliable sources to learn from is difficult. If anyone knows any good sources, documents, places to read up; I'd love to see them :D

• 1 month later...

XRP is doing well :lol:

Thankfully I bought some Tron (trx) nearly right at the bottom of its dip (around $0.02 per coin, super cheap) and that has made up for the current XRP disaster (down 30-40% at present). HODL on xrp! :violin:

not so much buying and selling, but I have been mining ethereum for about 6-7 months. Got my work pc with a couple of GTX1060s in it that mines when I'm not using it and my home pc with a GTX1070 and a GTX1060 in it that mines when I'm not matched betting on it. I've sold about 1.5eth so for and made about 1k from it. I'm currently holding about 0.3eth at the minute that I've mined and I'm waiting to see what happens with it, it's too low to sell at the minute.

While everyone has been panic selling Ive been buying XRP

The list of Financial Organizations that have linked arms with XRP is incredibly impressive.........and when they start to actually use it as apposed to just testing it..........they wont want the public owning XRP.........so they will HAVE to buy from Us.......at a Cost :D

While everyone has been panic selling Ive been buying XRP

The list of Financial Organizations that have linked arms with XRP is incredibly impressive.........and when they start to actually use it as apposed to just testing it..........they wont want the public owning XRP.........so they will HAVE to buy from Us.......at a Cost :D

I have XRP, however I think people mistake the link these financial organisations have. It’s with Ripple rather than XRP and most wouldn’t touch XRP with a barge pole. For example it shot up after the Santander announcement then crashed when it was announced XRP wasn’t involved with that deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Flogged all my TRX @ $0.048 so nearly doubled my investment, thankfully it covers my current disaster with XRP :lol: .

I've noticed trx is down to $0.041 today so may buy back in seeing as the price is so low, it was up to $0.22 at one point.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Thread necromance...

I had been looking at a way to get into trading.  But my job in a bank puts me in a regulatory category and so I have to pre-declare anything other than buying into mutuals and broad etfs.  However, I discovered that crypto is mostly fair game.

I tried Binance and that went ok until I tried to buy ETH and my bank said, "Nope."  They specifically block binance.  Granted it does give a lot of very dangerous instruments to complete newbies that can and does result in them going bankrupt or getting scammed.

So, Coinbase.  Opened an account, bought some BTC and ETH (on-ramp).  Got stung really badly, if I actually cared as they not only charge a 99p fee, but they give you what is basically a call option to cover the volatility given the delay in a card transaction.  So they set a future fixed price which is in their favour and well, that was off by the 4th decimal place.  Total rip off.

Immediately I knew this was not going to be suitable for day trading/margin trading as, well, the price they give you is well off the spot rates.  Even if you are buying crypto with another crypto.

Thankfully I discovered that Coinbase PRO is free to use if you have a coinbase account.  At least now I get real pricing, and the fees are much, much smaller, like 0.5%.  So even trading a few hundred quid around, you could make day trading profits.  Even though day trading doesn't expectly make sense for a market that has no "day".

I started with £20.  By the time I got that into the market it was worth £17.50.  50% ETH, 50% BTC.  

So I amused myself for a few hours trading on the BTC-ETH pair.  I still have to stop myself, stick the tounge in the corner of my mouth, make a face and remember which way up the pair is.  Its primary BTC to secondary ETH.  Anyway, it's a bit obvious if you accidentally l raise a limit order on the wrong side of the book for the price as it warns you that would be a "Take Order" ie, straight match off the book.  That usually means you are about to sell something below the bid or buy something above the ask.

I knew that fees would eat up most of my profits at such a small volume but I proceeded anyway.  Ended up trading about £50 of volume over a few hours and looking at the trade ledgers, the fees where not that bad.  A penny or two per trade.

So I really need to work out, or find a calculator for ... determining the round-trip volume minimum to cover fees.  ie.  If I move 0.001 ETH back and forwards across a 0.1% spread on both sides, how much of that do a lose to fees and what minimum trade profit do I need to have to make more than I pay in fees.

Anyway.  ETH was falling against BTC, so my spread limit orders just moved me to 100% BTC.  I popped a really optimistic buy order in for ETH in case it fell more and went to bed.  Turns out, I missed out by a tiny fraction and must have been right at the tip of the Buy side when it started to go up again.  Meh.  0.070 to 0.076 I think.

The plan is to play with no more than £20 a month until I can make a profit with it.  Any profit, even 1p.  Then maybe try £50 a month until I can make a profit on it.  So total losses are fixed (assuming no leverage, naked options or exotics). 

After last night, including a few mistakes.  I still have £17 in real terms.  Definitely worth 50p for the fun.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, PaulCa said:

Thread necromance...

I had been looking at a way to get into trading.  But my job in a bank puts me in a regulatory category and so I have to pre-declare anything other than buying into mutuals and broad etfs.  However, I discovered that crypto is mostly fair game.

I tried Binance and that went ok until I tried to buy ETH and my bank said, "Nope."  They specifically block binance.  Granted it does give a lot of very dangerous instruments to complete newbies that can and does result in them going bankrupt or getting scammed.

So, Coinbase.  Opened an account, bought some BTC and ETH (on-ramp).  Got stung really badly, if I actually cared as they not only charge a 99p fee, but they give you what is basically a call option to cover the volatility given the delay in a card transaction.  So they set a future fixed price which is in their favour and well, that was off by the 4th decimal place.  Total rip off.

Immediately I knew this was not going to be suitable for day trading/margin trading as, well, the price they give you is well off the spot rates.  Even if you are buying crypto with another crypto.

Thankfully I discovered that Coinbase PRO is free to use if you have a coinbase account.  At least now I get real pricing, and the fees are much, much smaller, like 0.5%.  So even trading a few hundred quid around, you could make day trading profits.  Even though day trading doesn't expectly make sense for a market that has no "day".

I started with £20.  By the time I got that into the market it was worth £17.50.  50% ETH, 50% BTC.  

So I amused myself for a few hours trading on the BTC-ETH pair.  I still have to stop myself, stick the tounge in the corner of my mouth, make a face and remember which way up the pair is.  Its primary BTC to secondary ETH.  Anyway, it's a bit obvious if you accidentally l raise a limit order on the wrong side of the book for the price as it warns you that would be a "Take Order" ie, straight match off the book.  That usually means you are about to sell something below the bid or buy something above the ask.

I knew that fees would eat up most of my profits at such a small volume but I proceeded anyway.  Ended up trading about £50 of volume over a few hours and looking at the trade ledgers, the fees where not that bad.  A penny or two per trade.

So I really need to work out, or find a calculator for ... determining the round-trip volume minimum to cover fees.  ie.  If I move 0.001 ETH back and forwards across a 0.1% spread on both sides, how much of that do a lose to fees and what minimum trade profit do I need to have to make more than I pay in fees.

Anyway.  ETH was falling against BTC, so my spread limit orders just moved me to 100% BTC.  I popped a really optimistic buy order in for ETH in case it fell more and went to bed.  Turns out, I missed out by a tiny fraction and must have been right at the tip of the Buy side when it started to go up again.  Meh.  0.070 to 0.076 I think.

The plan is to play with no more than £20 a month until I can make a profit with it.  Any profit, even 1p.  Then maybe try £50 a month until I can make a profit on it.  So total losses are fixed (assuming no leverage, naked options or exotics). 

After last night, including a few mistakes.  I still have £17 in real terms.  Definitely worth 50p for the fun.

Strange how the definition of "FUN" varies 🤒

• Haha 3