(Auto Throttiling) 50cc Lexmoto tornado

CoreyMatthew_

https://imgur.com/a/hMhcvsh' alt='IMGUR>'>

Hi, I have a lexmoto tornado 50cc which I recently purchased...

I have noticed the bike does around 20mph without throttling and have noticed this is very dangerous for when trying to stop, reverse which is almost impossible.

does anyone have a solution to this problem? I thought it could've been an automatic chock but when I've taken it out to have a look they are nothing I can loosen or even tighten to decrease/increase the amount of air into the bike.

put bike on centre stand so rear wheel is off ground

start bike and let it idle ( dont touch throttle)

is it idling high so it spins the back wheel

does it have a rev counter

a typical bike engine will idle at 800-1200 rpm

if its higher

locate the idle screw/adjuster ( do some research or look in owners manual ) but make sure it is the idle screw .

and turn this anticlockwise until revs drop ( but count the amount of turns you make)

if this has no effect

look next to throttle grip where cables exit there are two adjustetment points slacken these ( make them smaller ) and see if that has any effect .ie bike stops or revs drop

if it does

make those adjusters as small as possible

turn the idle screw clockwise half the amount of turns you undid it by and try starting bike ..

try to get the idle to the point where the bike keeps running smoothly without racing between those figures above .

Then google throttle cable adjustment so that you understand what it is your actually doing and need to do

adjust the cable adjusters correctly so that engine speed is not altered by them .

It's a carburetor Jim , but not as we know it . It looks like a CV carb so that screw sticking up with the spring on it looks like the one to go for because it would control the opening of the butterfly valve.Turning it out ( clockwise ) should bring the idle speed down .

15516564210873169200440124218022.jpg.ae2a6b746a9447f5cc2826e3f68f65f3.jpg

It's a carburetor Jim , but not as we know it . It looks like a CV carb so that screw sticking up with the spring on it looks like the one to go for because it would control the opening of the butterfly valve.Turning it out ( clockwise ) should bring the idle speed down .

surely you mean anti clockwise for out ?

surely you mean anti clockwise for out ?

Sorry,I certainly do.