Rideout and Meet Matlock Bath - 8 July - 11am!!

<t>Are you coming to the meet?</t>  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Are you coming to the meet?

• Yes from the North
    • Yes from the Midlands
    • Yes from the South
    • No ta ....

Chris, will have a word with some locals and decide on best meeting point.

If people from the same area want to meet up for the ride there, I suggest you start a thread of your own in the Midlands section, Hull n Yorkshire Section etc and make arrangements there.

Thread called for example..... Ride up to Matlock Meet on 8th July.

Will confirm meeting point soon xx

O.K Vicky that's fine. if you need any info regarding Matlock Bath meeting places, parking, and routing let me know, we run up there most weekends.

regards

chris

O.K Vicky, here goes

for me the best place to park is the The Lead Mining Museum Pavilion Building car park. Its a popular place to park for the bikes. For sure it will the best place for a meet, or else everybody will be scatterd up and down the main road trying to park up. Then nobody will know who's riding what. The car park is on the main road through matlock bath on the riverside just as the road start to rise to leave Matlock Bath. it has a fair size carpark mainly full of bikes you cannot miss it. The cars do get in there but its difficult to park a car there on busy days. Best place to park the car if you are not lucky enough to find a slot is the Railway station carpark at the other end of the town, from there its a nice steady walk along the riverside to the place mentioned above about 20min.

As for routes there is only one main road through Matlock Bath so you carn't go wrong. If anybody got any other ideas then please feel free to add

Links below showing building, as said it cannot be missed.

http://www.cressbrook.co.uk/visits/leadmus.php

http://www.derbyshireuk.net/matlock.html

I parked in that very carpark today!

Nice coffee, only 70p in a plastic cup with great views over the river.

I took the scenic route, well it would have been if it wasn't for the fog on the tops.

Nearly dropped the bike in a nice little hamlet called Butterton - I haven't been there since I was a kid so I thought 'why not?'. Well, because the lane passes through a ford that's why not!

Slippery as ice, is was. A nice lady popped her head out and said 'It's very slippery.' Too frickin late!!

The road from S-O-T to Leek is littered with scameras - and silly speed restrictions on perfectly good roads.

This Place is a great spot to meet and for those who do routes by public houses its opposite The Fishpond thats also got outside seating so may also be a good place to meet after parking in the pavillion car park and you can still see your bike.

im actually impressed as to how things are going so far :D

just one question, how am i gonna tell you lot apart from every other biker there :scratch:

the best way is to get a mobile number or two off smeone who is going and ring them or them ring you when there

also look in the gallery and try and remember what they look like :?

Stu

I haven't voted :lol: I've been asked to a party on the 7th. If I don't go to the party I'll come to Matlock, don't know yet :lol:

Go to the party - more chance of getting lai .... er meeting someone special :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Nickki

Borile

Vicki n kids

Nell

Nigelf n Maggie

Scol1

Snoopy plus possibly mrs and mate

Technohamster and mate (if hes free to navigate for me)

Sandra and daughter (will be with parents always ride out as a family)

Sandra's dad and Mum

Pid

Nickki n Bob (n Matt possibly)

Paul - if you and Diane wanna stop at mine the night before and break the journey up, or that night and go home the day after, you are more than welcome - just let me know hun :wink:

with the way things are currently looking, should be good fun, also seem to actually have a good number on both bikes and cars, so things should hopefully turn out well, :D

Borile

Vicki n kids

Nell

Scol1

Sandra's dad and Mum

Pid

David

Edited by vicki

so we are looking at a group of about 20 people for this ride out, :D

if all things go well with the new job, things should be all fine and dandy, but ill find out 100% tomorrow :shock:

Guest nigelf

Sorry but scratch my name off, i have to go to New York for a month.

.... but if i cock the job up i could be home early :)

Nigel Fenton

Borile

Vicki n kids

Nell

Scol1

Sandra's dad and Mum

Pid

David

Mandy & fella - and very possibly Daz(green ninja) if he can get his missus to agree to a bit more speed so not lagging behind :? p.s. if anyone from Notts area can take our lad pillion - would be very much appreciated :!: :D