Wireless charging phone mount

You need a sat nav!!

Want to buy one? I still have one for sale :popcorn:

Lol. I tried your ebay link out just now, but couldn't find the item so guessed it had sold.

As said, I don't want a sat nav if I can avoid it, as it squabbles with the phone over who gets to talk to the Cardo. Last time I tried it (the night the Tiger got stole :( ), the nav went sulky and silent on me for a couple of hours and then splurged all its pent up instructions in a 5 minute long stream. Proper sat nagging.

You need a sat nav!!

Want to buy one? I still have one for sale :popcorn:

Lol. I tried your ebay link out just now, but couldn't find the item so guessed it had sold.

As said, I don't want a sat nav if I can avoid it, as it squabbles with the phone over who gets to talk to the Cardo. Last time I tried it (the night the Tiger got stole :( ), the nav went sulky and silent on me for a couple of hours and then splurged all its pent up instructions in a 5 minute long stream. Proper sat nagging.

I have the packtalk and I used to have it paired with the sat nav and the phone and the sat nav would always route the calls though that when all 3 was on and if I just used the phone it would just route calls to the headset

I got it working well in the end with no issues

I ended up removing the ebay listing as I was getting some stupid offers :roll: so I spat my dummy out! I would sooner keep it than give it away :lol:

So yes I still have it and its still for sale :mrgreen:

Cheers [mention]Stu[/mention] but I've decided to for phone only. If I find it gets frustrating, I'll think about a sat nav later.

I've decided not to go for X_Grip or anything where you can release the phone with one hand; I just think it makes it too easy to nick while you're waiting at the lights. Quad Lock looks good, and I like the looks of ultimateaddons' stuff too. Ultimateaddons have the slight edge as they have a case that is reasonably waterproof, and my phone is notoriously famous for frying itself in water.

I’ve been using one of these for 3 years with no problems.

As I rarely use sat nav (mainly I just get lost a lot) I like not having a bulky case on my bike all the time and it’s easy position on the bars. It’s easy to switch it from one bike to another (or even a bicycle if you’re that way inclined) without having to bother with brackets n screwdrivers.

Used to prefer dedicated sat nav but now (some) phones are waterproof and sat nav apps work I can’t see the point in carrying extra stuff that needs charging and removing from the bike when you stop.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07798GW1T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If I’m on the 125 with no charging ports it can also accommodate a slim flat battery pack in the holder under the phone. The iPhone adapter is well hidden in this battery (so well I thought it was missing) but it’s good to have it all neatly packed in one tiny battery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018SDGHWU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s is indeed an apples n oranges comparison.

I find apples disappointing they are the Vanilla, magnolia, silver colour car of the fruit world. Then again I can’t be bothered peeling oranges and unless the oranges are really a mandarin or tangerine from Marks n Sparks or an orange grove in Spain they vary from tasting like grapefruit to soapy water so they aren’t worth the bother either.

Jus offering up a cheap low tech solution for Bonio and those who don’t use sat nav all the time!

It’s is indeed an apples n oranges comparison.

I find apples disappointing they are the Vanilla, magnolia, silver colour car of the fruit world. Then again I can’t be bothered peeling oranges and unless the oranges are really a mandarin or tangerine from Marks n Sparks or an orange grove in Spain they vary from tasting like grapefruit to soapy water so they aren’t worth the bother either.

Jus offering up a cheap low tech solution for Bonio and those who don’t use sat nav all the time!

I've just realised that I don't know the difference between a mandarin and a tangerine. However, I owe you a "thank you" as you've just reminded me that I have a powerbank that I can put in my jacket pocked and keep connected to my Sena helmet camera, which habitually turns itself off as a power-saving measure. Very annoying when in the middle of filming.

• 1 year later...