A guide to streams and customisation

Stu

Streams are an easy way to see the information you want to see quickly I will talk about streams more towards looking at them on a computer rather than a mobile although I will reference to mobiles where I can

The locations arrowed in this first picture is how you access streams 

Untitled1.png

On a mobile there is two points which are the default stream (unread posts) but this can be changed. More on that later there is also some streams within the menu button (three horizontal lines in the top right) 

Screenshot_20201121_201152_com.android.chrome.jpg

Clicking on any of these points will bring up the stream that it references to and once the stream is open you can see a whole host of configuration options 

Highlighted red is the stream name and the default sorting order 

Orange is the configuration options to change what is shown in the stream 

Blue is where you can change the stream to the default stream....more on that later 

Yellow is condensed or expanded use this to expand or condense the posts to get more of a view 

Untitled2.png

Creating a custom stream

To create a custom stream you can do this one of two ways. the fist is to click on "My activity streams" then click "Create new stream" 

create stream.png

Next fill out the details of the stream then save it 

stream details.png

Once you have created this stream the forum should return you to the stream itself if not you can find it under "My activity streams" then under "Custom streams" 

Test stream location.png

The other way to create a custom stream is to change the settings within any stream then simply save it 

stream config.png

Setting a stream as default

You can set any stream to the default stream and what this will do is set that to the locations pointed at in the mobile view and will override the standard stream of "unread" 

To set a stream to default simply click on the "Stream options" the click "Set as default

default.png

This will also change the stream link in the navigation bar 

test stream default.png

I hope this helps with anyone confused about it all 

• Like 2