Kawasaki GT750 - tank and fenders respray

All, 

I'm after having my tank and front and rear fenders, cleaned up and resprayed in the original colours. 

I live in Norfolk and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of anyone around East Anglia who would be good good to go to and have this work done. 

Most body shops seem to be geared at cars and I want the bike to be looked after by a person who normally does bikes, 80s bikes would be a bonus!! 

The reason for it is that it's gathering rust spots on the bottom of the tank and underside of the. Fenders. I'm hoping having it treated, cleaned and resprayed will give it many more years and will cure my OCD with the paintwork not being spot on. 

Any recommendations greatly appreciated

All the best 

Burgess118

PXL_20201214_141638530.jpg

31 minutes ago, Burgess118 said:

All, 

I'm after having my tank and front and rear fenders, cleaned up and resprayed in the original colours. 

I live in Norfolk and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of anyone around East Anglia who would be good good to go to and have this work done. 

Most body shops seem to be geared at cars and I want the bike to be looked after by a person who normally does bikes, 80s bikes would be a bonus!! 

The reason for it is that it's gathering rust spots on the bottom of the tank and underside of the. Fenders. I'm hoping having it treated, cleaned and resprayed will give it many more years and will cure my OCD with the paintwork not being spot on. 

Any recommendations greatly appreciated

All the best 

Burgess118

PXL_20201214_141638530.jpg

when i had my 99 cb500 i went to a local bike sprayer who quoted me for spraying the tank, side panels, front mudguard radiator covers and the seat fairing £500 so i went to halfords and got some tins and sprayed it myself 

The bike looks fantastic and well looked after. I have left my 1980 Z500 tank and bits as they are, your looks a a lot better than mine. It shows the bikes life and would not want to loose any of the tails they tell. It will cost a bloody fortune probably to get the match and the striped correct and possible only get aftermarket ones or to have them done in paint.

671586853_Sideview.JPG.40dce2b21110829242cc55ffdc7770f7.JPG

Wow she's a beaut! Very nice. Thanks for the advice. It's just the rust, I don't want it setting in, and when I got to the bike meets it magnifies itself I swear!! 

Will see what I can get quotes and see what the quality is like. I'm aware of a few suppliers of the decals and can get them in and fitted well. But paint I simply can not do myself.. I did try once with another bike! Thanks again.