Kawasaki Zzr1400 Special Edition Back Tyre/Valve Problem after having new set of bridgies fitted at THOR Bodmin

BigBadTony

Hi there guys and girls i wonder if you could shed some light onto my new tyres but a problem with my back tyre.I had a set of news put on over 14/16 months ago have done 50/75 miles and when i was riding tyres were fine,leave in shed for couple days,back tyre deflates itself.last may was my MOT so bought new pump new valve caps and pumped back tyre up and took to MOT,passed with flying colours.rode it 2 and a half miles back home.Its a year forward bike has done 5 MILES tyre is flat again and because of replacement hips needed i cannot get the bike to a garage to figure out if the valve needs replacing to give me permanent inflated brand new tyre done 90 miles tops still with wheel grease on it from putting on of tyres or there is some very bad problem with the bridgestones i bought thats stopping the back tyre staying up.so PLEASE could do with some help and advice as to what people might think is the problem.i live in rural cornwall so trying to get the ZZr1400 special to a garage is near on impossible.thank you for reading this guys and girls any help VERY much appreciated

Zzr1400 FDFA.jpg

Tonys.jpg

A standing bike sometimes does lose a bit of pressure over time 

Also the rear tyre may well not be sealed on the rim correctly. Have you thought about having it taken off and the rim cleaned and tyre re fitted? and get a new valve at the same time 

Get some hot water with plenty of washing up liquid in. Slap it all over the tyre including valve cap. You'll see bubbles forming where the leak is. If it's the valve, you can buy valve tool with spare cores for under a tenner online. Unscrew the valve inner with tool and whack a new one in. Retest with the bubble water.

• 5 months later...