Triumph fuel line connector

Mississippi Bullfrog

In order to replace the coolant on the Bobber I need to remove the tank. The manual helpfully says to release the fuel line connector without making it clear how to do so.

There is a slider which needs moving to one side that exposes the mechanism. Looking online people say either to press the sides of the connector inwards to release it, or that pressing inwards secures the connector and the slider does this when in place. The latter view says you just pull it off.

Just wondered if anyone on here has removed the tank on a modern Triumph and can confirm how the connector works. I'd rather not break it as replacements are silly prices.

Daytona 675 is similar 

Depends If you have the 2stage clip 

But basically there are two buttons ( possibly white) that need to be squeezed in .

Can be a right fiddle .

I tend to use 2 small cable ties around tip of my thumb and index finger with the 'lumpy' locking part positioned to locate on the buttons .push pipe towards tank and squeeze buttons in and pull pipe away from tank . They are a tight seal and a lot of resistance is felt .

Screenshot_20211002-100031_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Edited by TimR
  • Like 1

@TimR - thanks. That's the kind of connector, they seem to come in various colours. One guy on the Bobber forum mentioned pressing the white bits but mine is black all over. You have confirmed that the tabs need to be pressed in to remove it which is what I needed to know for sure. The connector looks designed to work that way but I'd read somewhere that the tabs are pressed in by the sliding clip to hold the connector in place so wanted to check.

Neat trick with the cable ties - I'd never have thought of that. 👍