Harry Dunn. CBT?

Pbassred

2 hours ago, Bee M. Dubya said:

She wanted to meet them - they refused to meet her. She has tried many times to contact them and they refused to communicate with her.

Wow, I did not know that. I was under the impression they wanted to talk to her to answer thier many questions about what happened and what was going to happen.

11 hours ago, Bee M. Dubya said:

We don't know if she was totally on board with leaving. When you're on a foreign posting and your government says 'go', you go. Her government claimed DI for her and they chose to pull the family out for 'security reasons' and we don't know what those are. As for justice for the family, there are many different versions of what 'justice' looks like. If they offer to reduce the charge (which the CPS has the power to do), she pleads guilty and gets a suspended sentence or community service, then I think the family might be satisfied, but a lot of people wouldn't.

When I’ve been on foreign postings my government would have said stay (actually insisted I stayed) if the local police needed to interview me. I can’t understand why you are so keen to defend the un-defendable. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DR1 said:

When I’ve been on foreign postings my government would have said stay (actually insisted I stayed) if the local police needed to interview me. I can’t understand why you are so keen to defend the un-defendable. 

I'm guessing your job isn't connected to monitoring terrorists, which is what they do at RAF Croughton and on a foreign posting you wouldn't expect the national media to ID you and your other half, telling the world where you lived and where your children went to school months before you were charged with anything.

As for what our government does or does not do, I can't speculate other than to note that when one British diplomat ran over and killed a civilian abroad he was whipped out pretty sharpish and his victim's identity was never mentioned in the press. At least, thanks to the determination of Harry Dunn's family, we know his name.

7 hours ago, Bee M. Dubya said:

I'm guessing your job isn't connected to monitoring terrorists, which is what they do at RAF Croughton and on a foreign posting you wouldn't expect the national media to ID you and your other half, telling the world where you lived and where your children went to school months before you were charged with anything.

As for what our government does or does not do, I can't speculate other than to note that when one British diplomat ran over and killed a civilian abroad he was whipped out pretty sharpish and his victim's identity was never mentioned in the press. At least, thanks to the determination of Harry Dunn's family, we know his name.

You guess away. I’m just stating a fact. 

On 21/12/2021 at 20:03, Bee M. Dubya said:

I'm assuming he got an A2 on his 19th birthday. But the police statement said he was riding a black Kawasaki in the fatal accident, not a green one. So we don't know what type it was. But unlike the two previous accidents Harry Dunn was involved in (according to his brother), this one took place at night at the brow of a hill, so was unavoidable.

I never read anywhere about previous accidents