Did the 2013 test changes work then?

Pbassred

I copied this graph from another thread because of something other than pedal cycles.  The number of Motorcycleist deaths steadily fell from 2007 to 2013.  After which it stopped falling. 2013 was the year that the A1, A2, A license and test structure was adopted.  Actually ALL road deaths did that as a trend, but bearing in mind that the 2013 change was suposed to be a safety measure and the deaths did not fall after that, it failed, didn't it?

PS Those who work with graphs will recognise that a smoothed line graph is wrong for this data.  It should be a bar chart.

FJTFVviXIAI-PQa?format=jpg&name=medium

Interesting. After several years away from motorcycles (I had to sell it to buy a second car when our daughters were learning to drive) the thing that prompted me back onto a motorcycle was the number of times car drivers knocked me off my pedal bike. We live in a rural area and I certainly do not feel safe riding a pedal bike around the roads where we live. Motorists will do 60mph round blind bends because that's the speed limit on a rural road.

23 hours ago, Spongefinger said:

The HGV line is strange has a much more up and down rhythm. 

I'd imagine a hgv comes out on top in most crashes. These figures are a % of deaths in contrast to year 1. If there are relatively few hgv deaths then a couple over or above average will have a larger effect on say bicycles

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daveinlim said:

I'd imagine a hgv comes out on top in most crashes. These figures are a % of deaths in contrast to year 1. If there are relatively few hgv deaths then a couple over or above average will have a larger effect on say bicycles

Yep , that makes total sense 👌