Strange brake noise

Breezin

I changed brake pads today, front and rear on the Interceptor 650. EBC organic.

All well on the test ride after, except for a strange, medium-pitch buzzing when front brake was applied medium to hard, fading after maybe 20 seconds.  Sounds almost electronic rather than mechanical. Didn't sound like brake squeal that I've heard of  but never actually heard. (I didn't use copper grease cos Ari on Revzilla said not to bother.)

Checked pads fitment and they look OK. Hoping it's just bedding in, but wonder if anyone here has experienced similar.

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

They may bed in and it will quieten down, always wise to go easy on new pads for a couple of hundred miles. I always put a very thin smear of copper assembly compound on pads. It isn't always necessary but I've found I get less issues.

Hope that's it. I used copper grease on the pad backs last time, but took Ari's advice this time.

43 minutes ago, keith1200rs said:

Does it have drilled discs? They can make buzzing noises

They have holes drilled, yes, if that's what you mean? Didn't know that. If it's a 'normal' sound I really don't mind... not that loud.

Don`t worry as Keith says drilled discs quite often produce a very fast ticking sound especially if the new pads are a different compound as the previous one so tyhe pitch of the noise could alter and become more noticeable.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1