servicing costs

Sand bags

Tyre medics in Hinckley charged me £24 to change a tyre on a loose rear wheel in 2020, and £100 to change both tyres and remove wheels in 2018, so it's about par with your quote 

• Like 1

On 28/05/2022 at 08:58, Mickly said:

Some bikes hold water around the spark plugs ( I’m looking at you Triumph Triples !! ) so whipping them out on a yearly basis is a good way of making sure they don’t get corroded & seized in, this can cause you a world of hurt.

My Kawasaki versys when I first got it had suffered from Water ingress into plug holes 

What a job to remove these coils which were surprisingly still working 

image_2022-06-03_103147263.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 01/06/2022 at 11:34, bud said:

I think it can vary a lot, what you pay for tyres. Last time I paid £30 to loose wheels. This included getting rid of the old tyres, and fitting new valves.

Was talking to people about this a little while ago, and anywhere from £10 to £20 per wheel seems average.

yea I've heard from £15 a wheel, upwards. 

got a good deal online, £165 for a set. So even if its 50 quid that's just over 200 for new tyres fitted, Which is decent really, motorcycle tyres can be costly. 

I'll get most use out of these tyres as I cna be for i swap em over

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sand bags said:

yea I've heard from £15 a wheel, upwards. 

got a good deal online, £165 for a set. So even if its 50 quid that's just over 200 for new tyres fitted, Which is decent really, motorcycle tyres can be costly. 

I'll get most use out of these tyres as I cna be for i swap em over

I have fitted my own tyres for a lot of years now! 

I had a brake disc bent by some monkey!

So I just look for the cheapest tyres delivered to my door in the brand that I want. The last set I bought cost me £201 delivered the local shop wanted £330 fitted to lose wheels :shock: 

fitted and balanced when it suited me for £201 I really can't grumble at that 

I have a manual tyre changer and it takes about 7 minutes to remove and fit a tyre from a rim 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stu said:

So I just look for the cheapest tyres delivered to my door in the brand that I want. The last set I bought cost me £201 delivered the local shop wanted £330 fitted to lose wheels :shock: 

I have a manual tyre changer and it takes about 7 minutes to remove and fit a tyre from a rim 

nice, definitely save yourself a good amount £. Yea I got quotes from 350 to 420 fitted! So just did same as you and shopped for the cheapest online. 

how do you go about balancing them,  is your manual tyre fitter set up for this also? 

2 minutes ago, Sand bags said:

nice, definitely save yourself a good amount £. Yea I got quotes from 350 to 420 fitted! So just did same as you and shopped for the cheapest online. 

how do you go about balancing them,  is your manual tyre fitter set up for this also? 

Just a static wheel balancer 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/

Although I now need to buy an adaptor for the BMW! 

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Got any pictures of the manual tyre changer? Or a link?

45 minutes ago, bud said:

Thanks. Would need to change many tyres to get the money back.

I saved £130 on one change :lol:

I have changed many tyres :thumb:

• Like 2