Anne sacoolas pleads guilty

billy sugger

2 hours ago, Bender said:

I don't think that was in doubt, fooking off from the scene of an accident should have a bigger sentence than causing the accident in the first place

Exactly . Although she will suffer no concequence.

3 hours ago, DJP said:

No, but I think that she made off from the accident on purpose.

Is that correct? I read that she stayed at the scene until an ambulance arrived. And that she gave a statement to the police … I expect the American authorities whisked the family away. Which is just what they tend to do in these circumstances 

• Like 1

We (GB) should have been able to do what the Americans did for a couple people they wanted from here, and that's get an extradition warrent enacted and dragged her unsorry arse back here for trial, but no, that only works when the USA want someone, hence my earlier comment about the hacker. Deliberate or not, with Asperger syndrome he literally could not fathom he had done wrong, but Sacoolas could, and should have faced the music

• Like 1

It was dreadful what happened to Harry Dunn 

But it isn’t right to draw parallels with Gary McKinnon. He was the hacker I think is being referred to. Theresa May blocked his extradition. Keir Starmer blocked any prosecution in the UK

• Like 1

On 27/10/2022 at 08:34, bud said:

Well now she has been found guilty of careless driving. Will she show up for the sentencing?

I find it unlikely after the way she has acted up till now.

I believe part of the real was she would not have to attend hearing here in the UK. I'm if you were a half decent human being you would but her actions up to now don't make me believe that's the case.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sacoolas has been given a suspended prison sentence, which is not uncommon for causing death by dangerous driving and since she will never return to the UK, is more symbolic than anything else.

https://news.sky.com/story/anne-sacoolas-former-us-spy-avoids-jail-over-death-of-teen-motorcyclist-harry-dunn-12764057

Well done to the Dunn family for keeping on going. I hope they are not too disappointed by the end.

• Like 2