Yamaha YBR 125 Smoking from exhuast pipe and manifold

RastaJay

Recently left my 2015 fuel injected ybr 125 for a few days due to having a flat tire, went to start her up the other day to see how she was doing and she started smoking from the exhaust manifold quite heavily ran her for a bit and it continued so i called it a day and left it for the next… started her up again the following day and she seemed to stop smoking but definitely did not smell amazing almost smelled hot if that makes sense. started her today and she is smoking again but this time from the bottom of the pipe and i am very unsure of why… turned her off to save any serious damage in the long run… any help would be appreciated, thanks alot guys n gals.

Is the smoke just from one place? - in which case it could be a small hole?

Or it is possible it's got some grease on it? - in which case, no problem, just let it run for 5 or 10 minutes, until the stuff burns off.

I think I'd run it for a while and watch it and hope the smoke stops.

yes mainly from the manifold area, seen a small part of the exhaust changing colour as it was smoking… so im thinking oil is getting shot into the exhaust pipe, not 100% sure but my best guess at the moment is piston rings. have left it for a few days again will start it tomorrow morning and see whats happening.

yes i could do if need be, started her up this morning she isn't smoking again but it doesn’t smell great like i said before its almost like a hot smell. also tapping coming from the engine but its stops and starts randomly. 

can upload a video today if it would help.

That sounds very much like the exhaust gasket is not sealing so it`s allowing exhaust gasses to escape without necessarily going down the exhaust pipe.

New gasket and carefully tighten to remake the seal should do it!

Cheers

Ian