Emergency alert

Bender

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

Was abroad so mine didn't go off :mrgreen:

I do think it's a good idea and could be used for a wider range of uses. For example last year I was on holiday at my Brothers home in Canada. We called in at a Mcdonalds for some breakfast and while in the queue everyones phone started beeping.

It was an alert that had been sent out across the whole of Manitoba Province. A 63 year old woman with dementia had possibly been kidnapped after someone had stolen her car with her in it!  The alert was sent out with a description of the vehicle and the lady. She was found safe approx 10 hrs later after someone rang the police to say they had seen a car matching the description given on the alert.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2022/06/04/63-year-old-with-dementia-allegedly-abducted-in-back-of-car-winnipeg-police-say.html

Oh god if they did that down here, it would be going off every 5 minutes. It’s not nicknamed “Gods Waiting Room” for nothing.

I remember the first time I ventured into the city after lock down, I remembered people don’t automatically come fitted with shopping trolleys, walking sticks or frames.

For those that think I am joking about ages a near by city not even famed for its youth however I will use as a standard:

”In the 2011 census the population of Winchester was 116,595 and is made up of approximately 51% females and 49% males.

The average age of people in Winchester is 41, while the median age is higher at 42.”

Now some local towns:

”In the 2011 census the population of Lymington Town was 5,844 and is made up of approximately 55% females and 45% males.

The average age of people in Lymington Town is 52, while the median age is higher at 56.”

In the 2011 census the population of Barton was 5,454 and is made up of approximately 54% females and 46% males.

The average age of people in Barton is 57, while the median age is higher at 62.

try your local area:

http://barton.localstats.co.uk/census-demographics/england/south-east/new-forest/barton

Edited by onesea