Hello From West Yorkshire

WinBase

I'm pretty much a newbie to motorbiking, buying my first bike at 60yo last august (Honda cb125f of course !!), and although always been a cyclist in the main, always loved motorbike holiday rentals now and again, so after years of thinking about it thought why not give it a go, to the amazement of my wife, family and m8's who gave me the expected 'mid life crisis' comments, to which i answered that 'i'm too old for one of those', (whatever they are), and i really love it, having always been a bit of an adventurous sort, so much so i'm doing the NC500 next week as part of a 1400 mile tour or scotland starting and finishing just outside bradford. I hope to do my DAS when i get back, but aint a speedster and love pootling around on my 125 in the lanes and tracks of north yorkshire and the dales mainly, doing 100-200 miles on day's out in no rush (i dont commute), and even when i get a full licence will probably keep to my little bike, at least for a while. On the whole i've found other motorbikers i've come across as friendly and good company, a tad different from what i sort of expected, and the fact i ride a little bike with L plates does'nt seem to make any difference, and the saying i keep hearing about that 'it doesnt matter what you ride' is so true, and not just a soundbite, so GL and i'll nod when i see ya out on the road :)

• Like 6

Welcome to the forum its never to late to get into bikes and biking, As honda said in their advertising years ago " You meet the nicest people on a honda" and that turned out well for Honda. Its not all about the biggest the fastest or the most expensive machine, you can have just as much fun on a moped as you can on a superbike. Its all relative just enjoy being on two wheels and seeing the world go by, Oh and watch out for morons trying to kill you from time to time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1