Help needed to get suitable brake hose replacement

Angela Collen

Hi all, getting along well fixing my 40 year old honda cb400nc superdream 1982, but would like your advise on replacing old rubber brake tubing to new braided version, where can I source to fit on my bike, is there a universal type or does it vary bike to bike, I cannot find on the usual buying sites eg david silver, do I need to know length and type of fixing? Your help would be appreciated as I'm learning on the job after returning to motorbikes after 40 years out, the front brake is disc not drum, thank you for your time

• 3 weeks later...

Update on new braided brakes lines, I contacted hel to confirm these fitted my bike as year was only up to 1981, my bike is 1983, they replied back 'they should fit,we're probably got our years wrong' I was not filled with confidence on making £100 purchase, I also contacted venhill (www.venhill.co.uk) and Tyler Baldwin from [email protected] replied and he actually measured all parts of lines, even small bits and sent me a diagram,  this enabled me to know their lines would fit, so I have ordered from them with confidence I wasn't chucking £100 down the drain, if your not sure, contact them and they go above and beyond to help you get the right ones 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Angela Collen said:

Update on new braided brakes lines, I contacted hel to confirm these fitted my bike as year was only up to 1981, my bike is 1983, they replied back 'they should fit,we're probably got our years wrong' I was not filled with confidence on making £100 purchase, I also contacted venhill (www.venhill.co.uk) and Tyler Baldwin from [email protected] replied and he actually measured all parts of lines, even small bits and sent me a diagram,  this enabled me to know their lines would fit, so I have ordered from them with confidence I wasn't chucking £100 down the drain, if your not sure, contact them and they go above and beyond to help you get the right ones 

Venhill are better quality too ;-) 

• Like 1