Yamaha yzfr 125 2008 problem

yama69

Okay so i have been having this problem lately with my yamaha yzfr 125 2008. The problem is that when im driving sometimes the bike losses power for a second and then goes back to normal no perforamance changes, almost like if the brakes were stuck, it doesnt matter if its hot or not but it happens at random times every once in a while. Does anyone know what could the problem be?

First off I would check the wiring harness as it passes round the steering head of the frame and investigate any damage.

Secondly it's always worth checking that the tank breather is not blocked (if its safe to stop next time it happens open the filler cap and listen for air being sucked in).

There will be lot's of other possibilities but those are where I personally would start.

Good luck and don't forget to share the results when you get it sorted it might help someone else. 

Cheers

Ian

• Thanks 1

Second motion on Frog.

Not unlikely but Im less inclined with the breather as it seems more random, sudden to appear and just as quickly disappear.

if it was the breather, generally it's woukd be enough to completely stop drive for more than afew sec , it would more likly vacuum its line dry to a stop and wait until the engine stopped and pressure is reduced and try start the engine again.

depends on if owt else happens that you might not notice at first, are all the dash lights fine when it happens etc?

Battery, are the cables really fastened properly? cheak other bolts round the chassic like ground /

earth wires. Fuel pump connector, Give any connections you see a good push in.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

First off I would check the wiring harness as it passes round the steering head of the frame and investigate any damage.

Secondly it's always worth checking that the tank breather is not blocked (if its safe to stop next time it happens open the filler cap and listen for air being sucked in).

There will be lot's of other possibilities but those are where I personally would start.

Good luck and don't forget to share the results when you get it sorted it might help someone else. 

Cheers

Ian

Okay thank you very much for this information i will check tomorrow.👍

20 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Second motion on Frog.

Not unlikely but Im less inclined with the breather as it seems more random, sudden to appear and just as quickly disappear.

if it was the breather, generally it's woukd be enough to completely stop drive for more than afew sec , it would more likly vacuum its line dry to a stop and wait until the engine stopped and pressure is reduced and try start the engine again.

depends on if owt else happens that you might not notice at first, are all the dash lights fine when it happens etc?

Battery, are the cables really fastened properly? cheak other bolts round the chassic like ground /

20 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Second motion on Frog.

I will give that a try thank you. No none of the lights come on it just happens. If it helps you to know sometimes the electricity in the bike is not working right for example when i washed it last time the gauge turned off mid ride and then it was back to normal. So do u think that it has something to do with the electricity?

With the fuel one in that manner is less likely the sensor itself but the wires from it or connector from the harness.

yes electrical, harness/connectors. Whith the bike cold and id disconnect the battery while you do this. Gently separate any electrical connector blocks properly you see and have a little look at both ends... they should be clean (no furr, colours or deformation etc) and un damaged, if so positively reconnect, go through each one you can see. The dash connection will be a bad to get to but that might play buggers with the bike too.

• Thanks 1