Bridgestone bt23

RideWithStyles

Make this short as i can go into too much detail.😁.

from the bases of the previous tyre fitted by a terrible bike dealer Ritebike- keep it short again potentially very dangerous to buy from these badly managed and terrible technicians! You have been warned.

anyway back on the tyres- keeping it short.

front tyre.

god points, it was really cheap for the dealer it fit.

good front line braking stability.

stability is sort of there but requires alot of work to turn and get it out of the radius.

bad points.

bloody hates the cold, anything below 15 degrees its a cold hard b1tch that's uncomfortable and just doesn't wanna play ball of doing whats it's meant to without making the rider hate the piece of..... thats the carcass and the rubber made of stone.

Lower the pressure to get it warmer or to make it bearable on the road and it either tells you its gonna tuck with no really effort or it feels like its flat and doesn't wanna turn.

seriously runs out of turning leans far too soon.

'The rear.

pretty much the same as the front but the rear is very sensitive to suspension settings and a very strange wiggle/ slap at the 1/4-2/4 angle, doesnt matter what pressure, suspension setting, wet, dry, cold , warm it does it but worse in cold and wet conditions.

wear on the rear is really hard to tune out without pounding the cr@p out of either you our the bike. The only way to cope with the tyres needs visual needs to to turn the rebound in to much you barely have any suspension movement to cope with the bolder of the tyre to bare it.

wear was worse ive had in living memory.

Ill put up with owt but these things no fing way...

Would i buy a bridgestone again....they couldn't given them to me for free.

would I recommend this to anyone... grudgingly only my worst enemy, a politician or a proper douf nugget.

Bag of crap i hate even the sight or hearing the bloody name now.

• Like 1

Strange! 

I had these fitted to the R1200RT when I bought the bike and I highly rated them 

The gripped really well hot or cold and I have ridden in temps as low as 4°c 

I would happily run them close to the edge with no issues whatsoever no movement at all and was very solid and stable 

Wet weather grip was good too never had any moments on them 

two up touring they was good or riding on my own riding like a dick 

Maybe they didn't suit your bike/suspension setup or something but I found them very good even to the point that I contemplated re fitting a set instead of the michelins 

The wore fairly even too although they looked a little odd shaped towards the end 

picked the bike up with 14k on the clocks and replaced the tyres at 19k and they were already well worn in when I got the bike 

Ok.

If they wore fairly evenly but looked odd shaped, thats counter intuitive.

have you fitted them to any of your bikes after that set or recently?

seem to remember its been other makes. With characteristics completely different to a Bridgestone. 

8 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Ok.

If they wore fairly evenly but looked odd shaped, thats counter intuitive.

It wore FAIRLY evenly except towards the end where a lot of tyres go off! 

It's pretty normal for this to happen 

8 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

seem to remember its been other makes. With characteristics completely different to a Bridgestone. 

Eh :scratch:

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Strange!

Maybe they didn't suit your bike/suspension setup or something but I found them very good even to the point that I contemplated re fitting a set instead of the michelins 

The wore fairly even too although they looked a little odd shaped towards the end 

Yesterday i saw two different bikes and type with the same wear characteristics on that tyre. 
Maybe they don't notice, care or more likely dont know any different.

so they are better suited to some base setup/needs than others.

I had an incursion on Michelin pilot for the pan and couldn't get rid of them soon enough. Back to Bridgestone.

Pan's don't like anything else.

Next time will try the new Continental tyres, the guy in the garage says they are really good.

• Like 1

My point exactly.

Yep michelins have a really stiff rim mount and side wall (every tyre fitters nightmare) but a really soft carcass and chemistry biased rubber to help reflect that.

the "PAN" is a big heavy lump which can pound the crap out of bridgestones to make it work.

dunlops have similarities to the Bridges, generally the front has a even harder carcass which is another brand favoured by the titanic crew.

If you want a softer more comfortable ride (whispers to thw mind) than the Bridgestones plus more of a sportbike profile the continentals might just be the compromise your after, while if you want more shouting and the wear has been unusual then the dunlops might be a better choice.

had continents before (plus the car) and they were on the wife's bike before, i didn't mind them too much personally after i tweaked the pressure slightly but the other half wasn't keen on them no matter what we tried so she switched to Pirellis and never looked back.

if i had to ball point them it would be between the bridges and the Pirellis for me.

ive had Metzelers fitted again🙂, garage owner said he could of sold my tyres over 4 times over by the time i could have them fitted, after he sold the set I asked for the first time 🫢 (with my permission ill add) and he had to keep reorder for some more as their so popular.

His biggest orders are Michelins & Metzelers for road customer and Pirellis for the trackers. Though he doesn't have any brand affiliation or particular discounts for incentives to be swayed, he just gets whats asked or available.

Friendly note- changing tyre brands may require tyre pressure and suspension changes to get the most out of them as ive had to reset mine for the METZ...😇.

Edited by RideWithStyles