Honda CB125F (2019) Maintenance Parts

andre199017

Hi All,

I'm in post-CBT territory and decided to go for a 2019 Honda CB125F - loving it so far and does the job helping me build miles on a reliable manual bike.

I'm surprised given the popularity around the world of the bike how little information I can find in terms of sourcing parts and how-tos. Most Youtube videos and parts online are for the 2021 model which has a different engine.

I was wondering if anyone here knows the below?

1. What oil filter model number the bike takes - OEM or aftermarket (I see K&N do some?)
  2. What oil the bike takes and how much - the 2021 takes 10W30, is it the same? The manual seems to state 0.8L - but curious to confirm i've read that correctly.
  3. What spark plug?
  4. Which air filter?

Newbie questions, but i'd like to maintain the bike myself and curious to get the above right!

Many thanks

I would look first at www.wemoto.co.uk for the parts you need.

www.cmsnl.com is another place you can look for the parts by schematic diagram.

You can always be generous and use the sportbikeshop in the forum to help the boss @Stu :thumb: 

PS: the quality/brand depends on your budget.

Edited by husoi
  • Like 2

Agree with husoi, wemoto is great for most bikes like that and sports bike for some other parts.

Same as the wifes 2011 cbf.

most websites will quote 10w-40 but if you're using it over winter the bike will be happier especially from cold with 10w-30 and in summer won't burn anymore, so id stick with 30 also dont bother with fully synthetic but dont pay over the odds for ester base oils.

Unfortunately you're bike is on the cups of change so yours will be a internal oil strainer, that means taking the case off with means extra cost and faff with replacing the case seal, Best to change oil a bit before the book says so which is really easy and cheap to do while avoiding having to do the strainer job as often.

Yep they dont hold alot at under a litre, check the oil level with the dip stick sat on top of the case and NOT SCREWED IN, you want it slightly at the upper end of the gauged min-max limit.  CHeck oil level every 2nd to 4th fuel tank.

bike runs happier with better cold starts with E5 fuel.

plug should be ngk cpr7ea9. 9mm gap with 16nm torque.

the air filter is 180* reversed charging so its under the seat further back than others which is good cos its easy to get to and avoids putting tons of crap directly into it so  rarely needs changing. Ours done 13000miles and it didnt even need it but just did it out of point of buying a service pack at the time as it was cheap.

Edited by RideWithStyles

Filters etc I just go to the dealer

Spark plugs you can get off spark plug manufacturers websites, then go somewhere you can blag trade discount.

Bearings you just write the numbers or measurements and give a bearings supplier a bell, they'll have what you need.

Anything else I use fowlers parts catalogue to find what I need, note the part numbers and order from my local dealer or source good used genuine. Things like exhaust, stator, rad etc I'd just send for repair when they go.

There's exceptions when you might be wise to aftermarket - I tend to use venhill cables and lines and other occasional well engineered parts by good companies.

In terms of a manual, you might be able to order one. Realistically you don't need one until you begin needing the critical tolerances/ critical torque specs for that model.

Most aren't critical unless you're getting into the guts, by the time you need to do major work on it you'll usually find the information is out there on forums or a manual has been published 

Best thing is just Google how and then pick up your tools and get stuck in. That's how you learn mechanics

Edited by megaross