Xjr1300 fuel leak from petcock exit piece

carlos randolez

Had a fuelbleak from exit of petcock, changed the hose, but this exit piece came out, so I thought this was the cause of the leak, it looks like it's supposed to have an o ring on the barrel, bought the smallest diameter possible, won't go on, tried hot water and washing up liquid, just slips down. Any help please. Thanks

Pictures may help.

Whats the bikes age?
Id advise against using E10 fuel on an old bike like ours.

Some designs have the seal showing on the outside while others are hidden so more on the inside.

youll have to buy a proper seal kit and strip the unit down to be be-able to fit it on.

1 hour ago, RideWithStyles said:

Compatible but you ignore prolonged use / exposure to E10 shortens service life. Its a serviceable and consumable part even when new so with age the higher chance of failure.

you need to tell Yamaha. Email them asap.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They do know 🙄 its in the manual if anyone reads it 🤔...serviceable, needs regular inspection and in some cases actually states given years and mileage for recommendations of change, just like oil, filters, brake lines etc.

Had on all my old jap bikes, the triumph and benelli. In fact i remember the last two particularly states it at very particular milestones even though it seemed at odds with the rest of the times, our suzuki And honda says can use it upto 10% ethanol and still its hoses and other fuel related stated inspection at every service...

Garage up the road from us used to see it quite often at first e10 rolled out as the petrol station is just mile up the road, a bit less so now cos he would advise them about it after he fixed them from pissing out.

do i need to bring up the ducati and triumph fuel tanks? They say ohhh yeah of course they are fully compatible and nothing is could possibly go wrong with them..... why has the paint cracked and cant the tank fit back on then??? As it swelled an extra litre or so.