Shoei NXR2 - any experiences?

I've got the original NXR and it's a great helmet, no real complaints at all. I'm looking at the NXR2 and wondered if anyone has one who could share their thoughts, especially against the NXR?

Particularly interested in noise and side to side field of vision.

Got the nxr tc? Its the white with green and red too, i wanted the ninja frog one but holy fook not worth the obscene price tag on an already overpriced product.

far better than the arai in almost every way in my opinion par probably the paint schemes are a little bit classier and the visor mech action (up and down) better.

The only two bug bears are the fisher price flimsy visor plastic, lack of visor back up and colour options before you go into overpriced options.

off memory theres not alot different to the nxr2 really, just thats its definitely a fresher manufactured product. if the old one fit before and served you well, no real reason this one will be different.

8 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Got the nxr tc? Its the white with green and red too, i wanted the ninja frog one but holy fook not worth the obscene price tag on an already overpriced product.

far better than the arai in almost every way in my opinion par probably the paint schemes are a little bit classier and the visor mech action (up and down) better.

The only two bug bears are the fisher price flimsy visor plastic, lack of visor back up and colour options before you go into overpriced options.

off memory theres not alot different to the nxr2 really, just thats its definitely a fresher manufactured product. if the old one fit before and served you well, no real reason this one will be different.

It was just to see if the upgrades were tangible.

I love the Shoei, of all the helmets I tried, on, it fit ss if it had been moulded rind my own head, like a snug slipper. 

dont get me wrong I like my nxr, the interior is very nice and well made though i still think there is small improvements that could be made that wouldn't impact on price to my thinking.

id say if fits your head perfectly and it does what you like perfectly and your prepared to pay the price sticking with shoei is ok.

why you looking on changing already? Off memory you've only been riding a short time? Should nt due a change yet unless your going fashion matching with your bike? Which case a less sports style of glamster or neotecs from shoei if you want to stick with them again would be a wiser move? Another option would be to get yours repainted but that would cost as much as another helmet again.

8 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

dont get me wrong I like my nxr, the interior is very nice and well made though i still think there is small improvements that could be made that wouldn't impact on price to my thinking.

id say if fits your head perfectly and it does what you like perfectly and your prepared to pay the price sticking with shoei is ok.

why you looking on changing already? Off memory you've only been riding a short time? Should nt due a change yet unless your going fashion matching with your bike? Which case a less sports style of glamster or neotecs from shoei if you want to stick with them again would be a wiser move? Another option would be to get yours repainted but that would cost as much as another helmet again.

Yeah, mainly because it’s bright orange with blue and green and not very ‘Harley’.

I looked at the Glamster but too many reviews say its very noisy and quiet is a key factor for me. I don’t want an internal visor or modular/flip up design and I’m happy with a sporty appearance. 

I hadn’t considered painting it and I have all the gear so that could be an option, although I’d need to look into chemical degradation of the shell with inappropriate paint.

Edited by Interference Fit
Typo

2 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Just thinking Harley and little noise don`t seem particularly likely bedfellows !

Cheers

Ian

Loud on the outside, quiet on the inside!

Joking aside, I'm not into loud bikes as I know what I think internally when I here an unnecessarily / deliberately / obnoxiously (delete as applicable) loud bike go by and I don't want to be that guy. 

Also, I'm very protective over my hearing.

• Like 1