MOD1 AND MOD2

Robcol

My question is .....

I am doing my mod one test on my 125 scooter Sym jet x125...

So once I pass that I will be doing my mod 2 Test on the same scooter

So once I passed the test that allows me to ride with no l plates and carry a passenger as I'm not too bothered about a bigger bike I just want to use my scooter and carry my wife so we can go on days out locally...

So my question is once I have passed both tests on my 125 scooter so I can remove the L plates and carry my wife

CAN I THEN IN A COUPLE OF YEARS IF I WONT BUY A GEARED 125 BIKE AND RIDE IT UNDER THE SAME LICENSE

OR DO I HAVE TO RETAKE THE MOD 1 TEST AND MOD 2 TEST ON AN GEARED 125 CC

????????????????

1 hour ago, Robcol said:

My question is .....

I am doing my mod one test on my 125 scooter Sym jet x125...

So once I pass that I will be doing my mod 2 Test on the same scooter

So once I passed the test that allows me to ride with no l plates and carry a passenger as I'm not too bothered about a bigger bike I just want to use my scooter and carry my wife so we can go on days out locally...

So my question is once I have passed both tests on my 125 scooter so I can remove the L plates and carry my wife

CAN I THEN IN A COUPLE OF YEARS IF I WONT BUY A GEARED 125 BIKE AND RIDE IT UNDER THE SAME LICENSE

OR DO I HAVE TO RETAKE THE MOD 1 TEST AND MOD 2 TEST ON AN GEARED 125 CC

????????????????

After you have passed the cbt , A1 mod 1&2. yes the Lplates and go and you can carry a pillion but make sure your insurance covers "pillion".

Just the same as cars

if you pass and have a license on an automatic/scooter you can only use an automatic/scooter. so you would have to retake mod 1 and 2 again at least to gain the manual/proper bike transmission.

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1

What he said. The system we have is ridiculously cumbersome and restrictive. Can you do the tests on a geared scoot? Then you can ride an auto as well. It doesn't work the other way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the replies I totally agree the system is bonkers

So am I still allowed to ride my geared 125 bike without a passenger once I am no longer on a CBT and hold a full A1 license which I did on the 125 scooter ????? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robcol said:

Thank you for the replies I totally agree the system is bonkers

So am I still allowed to ride my geared 125 bike without a passenger once I am no longer on a CBT and hold a full A1 license which I did on the 125 scooter ????? 

My understanding is that you will have to display L plates on a geared bike. 

• Like 1

1) IF you fully pass and gain full entitlement on a MANUAL OPERATING GEARED bike of a manual clutch 125 you can ALSO carry a pillion insurance permitting. 

2) IF YOU PASS FULLY ALL MODS ON an AUTO ( no manual clutch) YOU are STUCK with the AUTO/scooter of that engine type WITH PILLIONS insurance permitting.

So really if you can operate a manual now (through a car licence) then just get a manual bike license cos it opens so many choices, if its auto only just because of reasons that are for you to know....its just that...IF YOU PASS FULLY ALL MODS WITH A MANUAL GEARBOX BIKE...DO WOT What you want even bomb about on a automatic

long as its a 125 within a certain power to weight ratio.

4) if you passed a auto you shouldnt/cannot ride the manual of the same engine or higher with or without pillion.

so a manual is a higher entitlement as its harder to control and gain than a auto.

you can go (ride or drive license permitting) down the entitlement without a fuss or question but you cant just jump up to it (manual) when you didnt pass or bother to gain it....

so to put it REALLY BLUNTLY and living with younger generations ill put it this way - you noob at auto your stuck at it. you work hard for and can get a manual you can do it or go really lazy and drive/ride a auto car/bike AFTERWARDS, if you get those full entitlements you can risk your pillion/passengers life legally with insurance.

so to round off so i/we have a manual car and bike license- but at the mo i/we have an automatic car (just cos it works for the family) and manual bikes, i can carry pillions/passengers for any of those vehicles (manual or automatic) as i have insurance to allow it.

Edited by RideWithStyles
autocorrect
  • Like 1