Norton Nemesis V8 - Allen Millyard rebuild

Fender1515

I have just watched Episode 1 Video of the genius that is Allen Millyard restoration of Norton Nemesis 1500cc V8, the vid covers front end restoration, 

to take the front wheel off, get access to the callipers, pads, you need to completely remove the whole front fork assembly from the bike, Allen had to fettle a tool to remove a castellation nut that secures the hub tube, what the hell where they on when they designed this beauty!!! 

Can you imagine the scenario of a blown front tyre, maybe in a remote location in the Pyrenees, contacting a  local bike dealer and trying to explain what's required via google translate app, it is not going to end well for sure.

The man in a genius, Norton, sadly not, hence their demise.

Loved my old Norton Dominator, we did a clutch/gearbox stripdowm at the side of the A303 on route to Lads weekend in Cornwall, to sort a partial seize,  we had the OEM tool roll, and a few ring spanners, coz back in the day, if you waz riding a British more than 50 miles, you where going to use them, took about an hour, !!!!

How did Norton forget what they where good at!!

Why oh why is he restoring old army ammo boxes for Henry Cole on TV, his talent would be better used rebuilding a space shuttle!!

• Like 2

I think Milly does tons of stuff you just don't see. Plus it's a hobby to him now.  Henry has all the TV connections. I think they work well together and have a laugh.

Didn't they just do a 200 mph two up record? They get out and about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick the wanderer said:

I think Milly does tons of stuff you just don't see. Plus it's a hobby to him now.  Henry has all the TV connections. I think they work well together and have a laugh.

Didn't they just do a 200 mph two up record? They get out and about.

Hi NIck, I agree with your comments, and yes they do work well together, although I do think the program worked well with Sam, he had a bit of biteback with Henry. I would just like them to take on more challenging/interesting projects. 

Yep, two up land speed record on a homemade bike !! built around a Viper's V10 engine, would I have gotten on the back, hell yes

• Like 1

Just last night I saw the Z2300 V12 that he built from two Z1300 engines.

I did a "Z1300" search out of curiosity, as I used to have one.

How does he make it look so simple, he really is a brilliant engineer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fender1515 said:

Hi NIck, I agree with your comments, and yes they do work well together, although I do think the program worked well with Sam, he had a bit of biteback with Henry. I would just like them to take on more challenging/interesting projects. 

Yep, two up land speed record on a homemade bike !! built around a Viper's V10 engine, would I have gotten on the back, hell yes

I think the Norton project is great, a total one off. What could be more interesting and challenging than that?