Sat nav/phone mount - SV650s/Clipons

Does anyone have any experience of fitting a sat nav, or phone mount on a bike with clip ons? I'm really struggling to find anything decent for an SV650 with clip on handlebars as there's just virtually no where to mount anything. 

Ever since I've started driving/riding, I've always liked to set off with a plan in mind of a general area or a particular road I'd like to try. I know a lot of people just set off and decide as they're going along, but I generally like to have some sort of plan. A sat nav would be ideal for me as I can set up a route on my PC on waze, and then just go to my phone and open the app and there it is ready to go. 

Yes, I use a ram ball that replaces one of the bolts of your clip ons.

The bolt passes through the ball itself, very neat and tidy.

The pack comes with three lengths of bolt.

Works perfectly. The shop has an absolutely endless (almost) variety.

Genuine RAM-B-367U 1" BALL MOTORCYCLE BASE WITH HOLE AND M8 SCREW - BEWARE FAKES | eBay

Edited by Simon Davey

14 hours ago, mealexme said:

I've used these in the past on a sports bike. It works well, and is nice and centered

Ultimateaddons Centre Fork Stem Yoke Motorcycle Bike Mount Attachment Components | eBay

I've got ultimateaddons on my CBR. Can't fault it. 

All the brands basically work the same though so just choose the one that has the best attachment to your phone/ camera for you. I used UA as I put my phone in their hard case so my phones touch screen still works in the rain. 

Posted (edited)

@Simon Davey

No, I'm still looking. I can't decide what to do and I'm probably overthinking it. 

I've decided I don't like the idea of my phone mounted somewhere on the bike. It's better in my pocket I think as there's less chance of it being "lost" if I was to come off and it's got emergecy contacts on etc. I'd rather it be on my person if you like. 

I'm now looking down the avenue of a seperate sat nav and seen a tomtom rider with a mount on ebay, but realised I've now got to pay for the kids afterschool club so funds are low again 😂. Anyone fancy subbing me? 😇

Edited by Phil1
  • Like 1

I stupidly bought a Ultimate Addons phone mount and case, it's brilliant, but like you, I keep my phone in my pocket, and just mount the satnav on the clip-on mount. 

My satnav controls my phone so happy days. 

42 minutes ago, Phil1 said:

I've decided I don't like the idea of my phone mounted somewhere on the bike. It's better in my pocket I think as there's less chance of it being "lost" if I was to come off and it's got emergecy contacts on etc. I'd rather it be on my person if you like. 

Problem solved :classic_laugh:

Screenshot 2024-04-10 191511.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1